IGNORED

difference between a 1st gen VR and other bikes

saddlebum

Actually My reasoning for doing this is quite sane !!! the little guy next door has a form of autism referred to as Aspergers Syndrome. The other day I say him charger across our driveways and launch himself onto my motorbike. I literaly saw the kickstand loose contact with the ground. I feared the bike would topple over and severely injure the little guy. If you understand anything about Aspergers one of the characteristics is to literally shut out the rest of the world and function at times on impulse behavior. So driving a long stake into the ground and tethering the bike was my solution to avoid injury both to my bike and the little guy.

Ben....knowing you I need to remind you....don't trip over the strap or stake.
Don Knowing me :Avatars_Gee_George: I drove the stake flush into the ground with a flexible ring made from aircraft cable and why I swapped out the piece of rope I first used for the bright blue camlock binder :thumbsup2:

:think: Maybe I should make it bright orange :whistling:

OK not what my guess was, I was guess to prevent the wind from knocking it over
Actually Jeff I had thought about doing this for years just for the reason you thought, but never got around to it. Seeing the little guy From next door just gave another more important reason to get-her-done. Also most of my yard is not child proof either but it is fenced in and I never had to worry about my own kids or now grandkids. But this little guy next door is a special case because of his state of mind due to the aspergers syndrome. Yesterday my son was checking his oil when the little guy shows up out of no where and throws a hand full of sand into the engine compartment. I feel sorry for his parents because he really is a hand full and having a nephew with the same affliction I can totally understand the struggles they are going through. Edited by saddlebum

Don Knowing me I drove the stake flush into the ground with a flexible ring made from aircraft cable and why I swapped out the piece of rope I first used for the bright blue camlock binder

Maybe I should make it bright orange

Sounds like you took precautions based on past experiences.

Glad to see you’re a conscientious neighbor! Cudo’s to you.

I usually stand my bike up on the center stand when I don’t want a brisk breeze to knock it over.

I used to but since tearing the cartilage in my knee I can no longer do that