IGNORED

Bluetooth communication - my Cardo Freecom review

VentureFar

Hello all including my Brother @cowpuc

Once again I had the good fortune to be handed a cool motorcycle "thing" to test.

I had been using the Sena SMH 10 1st generation for a very long time. It worked but had its limitations of consistency of music sharing with my passenger and a problem handling the wind noise from my wife's 3/4 helmet in intercom mode at freeway speeds.

I tested the Sena SF1 entry unit and it is not for our - touring kind of riding.

I just finished testing the Cardo Freecom 4+

This thing is great! I am very impressed.

Here is my review on ultimatemotorycycling.com

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/09/cardo-freecom-4-review-motorcycle-bluetooth-communication/

Feel free to ask me anything about my experience.

VentureFar...

You always get great toys to test. I am jealous.

I was at the right place at the right time and I wasn’t shy.

I was walking my dog, saw a new neighbor with a dirt bike in his truck bed. I introduced myself and now I get all this good stuff to test :-)

I have met all my riding friends by extending MY hand first.

try it. It works, you could meet another amazing friend like @cowpuc that way !

VentureFar...

I was in the right place at the right time and I wasn’t shy.

I was walking my , saw a new neighbor with a dirt bike in his truck bed. I introduced myself and now I get all this good stuff to test :-)

I have met all my riding friends by extending MY hand first.

try it. It works, you could meet another amazing friend like cowpuc that way !

VentureFar...

INDEED!! 1st rule of thumb,, don't be shy - extend the hand cause you never ever know who you may meet!! Lots of great folks out there I tell ya and absolutely positively the best way to assure you don't miss even one of them is by being quick draw McGraw with the hand of howdy!! IMHO,, with this covid thing going on,, in these trying times it is even more important to remember what my brother VentureFar is preachin,, social distance if we must but don't let life rob you of the joys of knowing others. We still really do need each other, and now maybe more than ever.. @VentureFar,, as mentioned, you are indeed one blessed person to get to test all this stuff (and I know you know that and are thankful) but you are also a gifted person with abilities to not only know good stuff from bad stuff but also to know how to present your findings in an accurate truthful way but also fair.. I have ALWAYS appreciated this about your "style" of writing/reporting!!! What a treasure for us to have you here in our club!!

THANK YOU for being you and for always being there for your readers!!

Love you my brother!!

Puc

INDEED!! 1st rule of thumb,, don't be shy - extend the hand cause you never ever know who you may meet!! Lots of great folks out there I tell ya and absolutely positively the best way to assure you don't miss even one of them is by being quick draw McGraw with the hand of howdy!! IMHO,, with this covid thing going on,, in these trying times it is even more important to remember what my brother VentureFar is preachin,, social distance if we must but don't let life rob you of the joys of knowing others. We still really do need each other, and now maybe more than ever.. VentureFar,, as mentioned, you are indeed one blessed person to get to test all this stuff (and I know you know that and are thankful) but you are also a gifted person with abilities to not only know good stuff from bad stuff but also to know how to present your findings in an accurate truthful way but also fair.. I have ALWAYS appreciated this about your "style" of writing/reporting!!! What a treasure for us to have you here in our club!!

THANK YOU for being you and for always being there for your readers!!

Love you my brother!!

Puc

True words spoken and Mother please Stop embarrassing me in front of my friends!

Your loving son,

VentureFar...

I've just started seeing advertisements for some revolutionary new helmet communication device by Domio Sports (www.domiosports.com) called the MotoPro. I was just wondering if you've ever seen it and if so if you have any thoughts about it.

Thanks,

TDbiker

Interesting. Not cheap. I would like to see some independent reveiews before spending that kind of money.

I've just started seeing advertisements for some revolutionary new helmet communication device by Domio Sports (www.domiosports.com) called the MotoPro. I was just wondering if you've ever seen it and if so if you have any thoughts about it.

Thanks,

TDbiker

So, what exactly does this do for you? There don't appear to be any speakers included, so I assume it pairs with Bluetooth ear buds. Does it have integrated streaming services or does it have to be paired with a phone or radio? If so what is the advantage over just pairing your buds to your phone?

Now I get that the Pro model adds a noise cancelling microphone, but don't the upper tier Cardo and Sena's also have integral noise cancelling microphones?

I'm not seeing what this adds to anything for a seeming exorbitant cost.

Another great review. It's nice to see reviews that are purpose driven also. Myself and a few that I ride with have the Cardo Packtalk Bold series. Love it overall but I like my music on the speakers at the moment. I don't connect it to the SVTC because it would only work as a set of headphones and does not take over full mic/headset capabilities of the system. Would be nice if it did. I have to admit though I have not spent a lot of time trying.

Thanks,

TDbiker

I will check into it.

I have the Sena Bluetooth helmet on the way, I am told.

VentureFar...

Thanks for the review. We just added the Lexin LX-B4FM Motocom to our helmets. It is a nice system for us (new rider & passenger) but it would be nice to have the GPS & intercom on at the same time.

Thanks for the review. We just added the Lexin LX-B4FM Motocom to our helmets. It is a nice system for us (new rider & passenger) but it would be nice to have the GPS & intercom on at the same time.

I just went for a 200 mile loop with ALL my stuff.

gps giving talking directions, music from my iPhone, tire pressure monitor sounding an alarm because my tires heated and expanded ... and I am taking a solo leisurely Saturday twisty ride. That’s a lot going on when I get a phone call. I said “ignore” to Cardo and went back to my peaceful Saturday ride. I am sure @cowpuc can relate as he rides with the wind in his hair for a speedometer and the stars for navigation. Lots to be said for peace and quiet on a ride.

Thanks for the thanks.

VentureFar...

I just went for a 200 mile loop with ALL my stuff.

gps giving talking directions, music from my iPhone, tire pressure monitor sounding an alarm because my tires heated and expanded ... and I am taking a solo leisurely Saturday twisty ride. That’s a lot going on when I get a phone call. I said “ignore” to Cardo and went back to my peaceful Saturday ride. I am sure cowpuc can relate as he rides with the wind in his hair for a speedometer and the stars for navigation. Lots to be said for peace and quiet on a ride.

Thanks for the thanks.

VentureFar...

@VentureFar , a message to my dear sweet brother out on the west coast from your brother here in the midwest:

Men will be men and little boys will be little boys.. Men will ride how they ride and little boys will paint what they paint (soooo precious:big-grin-emoticon:) because they are what they are and do what they do in just being themselves..

Neil, I LOVE that pic you sent me,, that is,, beyond words,,, INCREDIBLE!!! How I wish we could go back to such simple freedom and joy... Perhaps what I am saying will somehow let you know how deeply I can 100% relate my brother. IMHO, the "boys painting what they will paint" is directly connected to the riding with the wind in my hair and using stars for navigation which you speak. Yeahhhh,, there really is a lot to be said for the peace and quiet solitude that a ride can bring if we let it..

No buddy (not a typo) loves ya like I do my brother!!:happy34:

Puc