IGNORED

BuddyRich Cable

From searching the forum it looks like he's no longer making the cables and isn't really active on the forum anymore. Does anyone have a viable alternative option, or possibly have a BuddyRich cable laying around that they might want to sell?

I've got a Zumo 660 hardwired to the bike and from what I understand it should work...

Thank you very much, did not realize that Edsets made it and after a quick search I have one on order.

The little guy has been riding with me back and forth to the family cottage and when the wife loses me she decides to call, then gets mad because I didn't answer?!?

I have my cable out right now since I broke the GPS mount. I’m looking at Edsets Bluestreak that integrates the phone by Bluetooth. The only holdup is I’m cheap and they tell me I have to use their headsets for it to work correctly. I have a Bluetooth audio receiver to stream music, I just don’t want to spend $700 to get the phone calls back. I could buy another cheap GPS for it but want less jumble on the bars.

I have my cable out right now since I broke the GPS mount. I’m looking at Edsets Bluestreak that integrates the phone by Bluetooth. The only holdup is I’m cheap and they tell me I have to use their headsets for it to work correctly. I have a Bluetooth audio receiver to stream music, I just don’t want to spend $700 to get the phone calls back. I could buy another cheap GPS for it but want less jumble on the bars.

Do you have the EdSet or a BuddyRick cable? I tried to install the EdSet Mic Splitter cable last night to my Zumo 660 and the wife on the other end of the phone call only gets static. The EdSet website does not say that you need their headsets for the Mic Splitter cable to work properly, so I'm wondering if that's only for the BlueTooth. I did put in a troubleshooting e-mail to them this morning, but just checking other routes for ideas.

Do you have the EdSet or a BuddyRick cable? I tried to install the EdSet Mic Splitter cable last night to my Zumo 660 and the wife on the other end of the phone call only gets static. The EdSet website does not say that you need their headsets for the Mic Splitter cable to work properly, so I'm wondering if that's only for the BlueTooth. I did put in a troubleshooting e-mail to them this morning, but just checking other routes for ideas.

I have the Edsets cable with IMC headsets. I had the 550 Garmin and it all worked fine. Freebird is right on the Mic Mutes. I did have a problem with a 3.5mm cable from the GPS to the splitter.

I reached out to EdSets with an e-mail asking if there were any installation instructions or troubleshooting guide, without prompting they are sending out a replacement unit. We'll see where this goes.

As for sound quality, I'm not expecting perfection. Just need to be able to answer a quick yes/no question on the phone now and again.