IGNORED

Why Should People Join Venturerider.org?

Yama Mama

Why should people join Venturerider.org?

I just happened to notice there are 9 members right now online and 143 visitors.

I just thought maybe some of the members on here could do a sales pitch for why people should join our group.

I will start, because this is the greatest group of people who love motorcycling there is!

Now everybody else can join in and tell visitors why it is a good group to be a part of.

Yama Mama15752_10205161612946692_1885491820663693844_n.jpg

Most forums consist of a bunch of folks with a similar interest. I haven't come across one yet where the members are so civil to one another. On top of that, it's a great resource for info for the Venture, and just about anything else. Beyond that, the get togethers make us much more than forum members...it makes us friends...and beyond that, family. I've been a member since I bought my first Venture in 08, and I can't see myself ever leaving.

Thanks Don for putting this together, and thanks to all my Venturerider family for being the great people you are.:happy65:

What Unc said!

This is more than an owners group. It's better than any other forum I've ever frequented, be it motor cycle, gun, espresso, or anything else related. Every interaction I have had with anyone associated with this forum has been a positive experience. Whether in person or online, every time, I have benefited from it.

I hope I have been a help to others as they have been a help to me.

The benefits far out weigh the cost of membership.

Couldn't agree more!

This isn't just a Forum, though.

Thanks to Don, and the core Foundation Group (have you ever seen a more tightly-knit group that sticks together from Day One!?), there is so much more than mere bike informationl

Ask about ANY subject, OR need help with ANY issue, there's always one or more members willing to help.

We feel truly blessed to be a part of it, and cannot say enough about the way Don keeps it thriving.

Rgds, WRIDR.

All of the above.

All any visitor needs to do is read some of the threads...follow along with us as we help each or just yak. The proof is in the reading.

Plus, there is no other forum that has the depth of knowledge and camaraderie of this forum. Seriously!

And for only $12/year....geesh. That's a no brainer right there.

:beer:

:biker:

david

I don’t do much social media because I hate the attitudes and name calling that goes on, I lurked around here for a while before I joined, the lack of that and the helpful people really surprised me. Kudos to Don and admins for that. The things I learned about the bikes are priceless, the rallies and friendships are priceless, the mods I keep finding here and the travel are costing me a fortune .

I wonder how many of the visitors that show up are members that don’t bother to log in sometimes.

Edited by RDawson

Why People should Join ?? I would ask the question why not?

Venture support aside, I cant think of a single reason why not to join after my little over a year of being here.

It costs next to nothing. Folks here are better than solid across the board. this is one of the few places I will come to when my ptsd is acting up and just read the stories and the sharing without posting anything, All of the folks here jumping in and standing up to support one another regardless of who or what the problem is.

You cannot find that anywhere else online that I have seen.

yep I have to ask why not ???

Put your feet under the best table on the web and feed your mind some good stuff for a change.

Make yerself at home.....:vchat

The depth of experience and knowledge here is unmatched and $12/ year is nothing to get access to all that. The first time you have a question you'll be thankful you joined.

Lots of great people who are very welcoming is the icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I spent about 3 weeks lurking and reading everything I could find here on the SVTC, but I rarely commented. I found the encouragement that was freely given to everyone, regardless of their ride, the true selling factor. I was on a lot of other forums about the Venture and as soon as anyone mentioned a different bike people would go off. That does not happen here, we may get a little testy from time to time but that's part of being in a Family. That's what has developed here, Family. I've not met anyone here face to face, yet. I believe that will change as I've only been a member for a little over a year. The fact that I coughed up another $12 for another year says a lot because I'm a cheap SOB. This is the best $12 you will spend each year.

Cause everyone needs more friends that you can count on, and they can count on you thru thick and thin..

Puc

I joined for Cowpucs long eloquent answers to questions :stickpoke: ,plus I needed someone to help put up our tent at maintenance day.

I was without a bike from 1982 to 2018. I knew what I wanted to do and several makes and model fit the bill. I went online because I was living in a new to me state and really not knowing any fellow riders. I did Kawasaki, Suzuki, HD, etc forums. This forum sort of sold me on the RSV, price vs performance. Bought the bike and joined the forum at the same time. Two years and no regrets.

Edited by jeromeb
misspelling

those are all great answers but maybe a better question would be, Why not join??............ okay give me a minute I'm still thinking about it................. okay I'll get back with you later :think:

I am positive it is good to join either way you say it.

Yama Mama

Cause everyone needs more friends that you can count on, and they can count on you thru thick and thin..

Puc

I joined for Cowpucs long eloquent answers to questions :stickpoke: ,plus I needed someone to help put up our tent at maintenance day.

See ya bunch of lop eared haven't joined the club yet varmints,, this is exactly what I was referring to in my post above.. Good friends who met in the VR club depending on each other... Joe gets to read and put up with my long essays and then rescues Tip/Tweeks and I when our trajectory was off a little down in Bama at another club Rally and also,, oh,, wait a minute,, I might be getting long winded for some again,, just watch this cartoon and you will get the jist of the point Jpe and I are trying to make..

See ya bunch of lop eared haven't joined the club yet varmints,, this is exactly what I was referring to in my post above.. Good friends who met in the VR club depending on each other... Joe gets to read and put up with my long essays and then rescues Tip/Tweeks and I when our trajectory was off a little down in Bama at another club Rally and also,, oh,, wait a minute,, I might be getting long winded for some again,, just watch this cartoon and you will get the jist of the point Jpe and I are trying to make..

Now you tell me ::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

When I first thought about joining VR, I thought it not wise to join an organization that would have ME as a member. So I joined anyway! I have never been able to buy so many friends for $12 a year! :Avatars_Gee_George::thumbsup2:

(The forum is my home page. I read it daily, and enjoy the humour almost as much as the tech articles, which have saved me a lot of time and money.)

Thanks!!!

Don't do it ----You definitely don't want to sign on cause once you do you can never leave and now its too late to realize you just signed on with a bunch of Loony tunes. :banana: First thing you discover is you got to set your alarm clock to tell you when to go to bed instead of when to get up cuz you is reading one of cowpucs lengthy articles :icon_lurker:or your get manipulated into one of the many meet and eats were your lucky if the food don't get cold cuz Marcarl is unrolling one of his speeches :backinmyday:. If that ain't all bad enough @Yama Mama :2133:will guilt trip you into spending perfectly good TV/Beer time on Chat. Oh and there's BIG TOM who loves to sit around and rant about those lousy Canadians. Of course he will shed crocodile tears :rain2: if he don't get his annual Kanuckian hug :bighug:Cuz he is sensitive you know. Oh yeh you could become infected with an Icecream eating disorder :fnd_(16):. However on a good note and if your lucky you might run in to good old Saddlebum who will do his best to not let anybody else talk your ear off.:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Now that you have been warned :witch_brew: let the good times roll

Oh I almost forgot the tech stuf,f there are way to many people here that know their stuff. If you read their advice on anything your gonna miss out on a lot of trial and error fun and could get stuck having to ride your bike instead tinkering with it and enjoying all that time figuring out were all those extra parts come from :178:

Don't do it ----You definitely don't want to sign on cause once you do you can never leave and now its too late to realize you just signed on with a bunch of Loony tunes. :banana: First thing you discover is you got to set your alarm clock to tell you when to go to bed instead of when to get up cuz you is reading one of cowpucs lengthy articles :icon_lurker:or your get manipulated into one of the many meet and eats were your lucky if the food don't get cold cuz Marcarl is unrolling one of his speeches :backinmyday:. If that ain't all bad enough Yama Mama :2133:will guilt trip you into spending perfectly good TV/Beer time on Chat. Oh and there's BIG TOM who loves to sit around and rant about those lousy Canadians. Of course he will shed crocodile tears :rain2: if he don't get his annual Kanuckian hug :bighug:Cuz he is sensitive you know. Oh yeh you could become infected with an Icecream eating disorder :fnd_(16):. However on a good note and if your lucky you might run in to good old Saddlebum who will do his best to not let anybody else talk your ear off.:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Now that you have been warned :witch_brew: let the good times roll

Oh I almost forgot the tech stuf,f there are way to many people here that know their stuff. If you read their advice on anything your gonna miss out on a lot of trial and error fun and could get stuck having to ride your bike instead tinkering with it and enjoying all that time figuring out were all those extra parts come from :178:

So who said something about the fire calling the kettle black?