IGNORED

No Joy on the Gathering

Poppa Phill

Good Morning all I hope all of you had a safe 4th of July. Given the current situation in the USA, I have decided not to travel. crossing so many state lines riding alone is not a good idea for me at this time. Everywhere I read, I see out of town people being branded as outside instigators or worse and have a really hard time. were there a second bike on the same route riding along not so much a problem. Too many people out there are looking for something to do and I would prefer not to be that something. Being pushed into a self defense fight is not something Im up to.

Its Just not safe from where Im looking at it on the inside of the jar..

Wishing all of you who do attend have a really great time and May the Lord keep you all safe going to and from the event as you travel with friends and Loved ones.

Poppa..

I think the risk of getting the virus is higher than other risks to you but you know your situation better than I. I'm not traveling because I don't want to stay in a motel that many others may have stayed in maybe spreading the virus. Camping is not that appealing at my age.

I think the risk of getting the virus is higher than other risks to you but you know your situation better than I. I'm not traveling because I don't want to stay in a motel that many others may have stayed in maybe spreading the virus. Camping is not that appealing at my age.

Camping for me has always been enjoyable at any level. and Like you, I feel a hotel is out of the question. The atmosphere up here is thick with political animosity. the influx of outsiders to Maines Playground has brought with them the attitudes feeding all the hate south of here.

12 -14 hrs of riding through small town areas when people are tagging outsiders is a concern. I have to factor in I might need to pull off due to flat tire mechanical problem etc, while the Bike is currently in excellent condition Murphys Law rules the day. I just dont see putting myself out there for the knuckleheads to try an take advantage of.

A sign of the times.

Sorry to hear that Phill, I was looking forward to meeting you. I do understand your thinking and agree the risk of "problems" unfortunately is greater rite now. Would have liked to check out your new scoot and swapped stories.

Hopefully next time?

Craig