IGNORED

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Hi all late model Yamaha Star Venture/Eluder owners, I am having a problem with my tire pressure reading on my 2018 Venture. My low tire warning light comes on a lot and it is related to my back tire. When I check the air with my tire gauge (one I have used for years), it reads higher than the TPMS shows on the Infotainment System display: display shows around 32-34 but gauge reads 35-39 depending on the day (temp/ride duration). Usually my tire gauge shows 3-5 lbs more than my bike TPMS. So I am having to constantly check it which is annoying. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix for it?

Hi all late model Yamaha Star Venture/Eluder owners, I am having a problem with my tire pressure reading on my 2018 Venture. My low tire warning light comes on a lot and it is related to my back tire. When I check the air with my tire gauge (one I have used for years), it reads higher than the TPMS shows on the Infotainment System display: display shows around 32-34 but gauge reads 35-39 depending on the day (temp/ride duration). Usually my tire gauge shows 3-5 lbs more than my bike TPMS. So I am having to constantly check it which is annoying. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix for it?

I noticed the same thing and it was consistent for the first 6000 miles so I just made the mental note and now use the TPMS displayed. Keeping the pressure on the TPMS around 39 lbs I got 13000 out of the factory tire. I am on my second tire using the Bridgestone and I am seeing the same pattern. I haven't been riding much the last month or so which stinks but each time I get on the bike now I check it. Riding every day I would only check the pressure weekly.

My TPMS gauge reads about 2 lbs lower than my manual tire gauge. I have used this manual gauge on all my tires for years and it sill is quite accurate.

Most TPMS management systems I have dealt with are within 10 percent.

I noticed the same thing and it was consistent for the first 6000 miles so I just made the mental note and now use the TPMS displayed. Keeping the pressure on the TPMS around 39 lbs I got 13000 out of the factory tire. I am on my second tire using the Bridgestone and I am seeing the same pattern. I haven't been riding much the last month or so which stinks but each time I get on the bike now I check it. Riding every day I would only check the pressure weekly.

Thanks for your reply. My TPMS was accurate at first but then started showing less than tire gauge. Almost like it got out of calibration.

My TPMS gauge reads about 2 lbs lower than my manual tire gauge. I have used this manual gauge on all my tires for years and it sill is quite accurate.

Most TPMS management systems I have dealt with are within 10 percent.

Thanks for your reply. I started carrying a tire gauge and using that but it is a pain to get access to the rear tire stem. Mine is still under warranty. I think i will take it into the shop to have them check it out.