IGNORED

Nice Ride

Freebird

For the first time in a couple of years, Eileen and I finally got out for a decent ride yesterday. Not that far, I think we did about 150 miles, but it sure felt good. The Ultra Classic was comfortable and doesn't need much to make it a good bike for us. I've already added the highway pegs and luggage rack and it came with most of the other things that I needed such as the riders backrest and mini ape hanger bars. Those things make it very comfortable for me. It's a little tight in the passenger area so this morning I ordered a trunk relocation kit so that it can be slid back just a bit to give Eileen more room. I ordered a wider windshield about a week ago and it should be here in about another week maybe. Otherwise, I am happy with the bike. The exhaust is loud when you first start it but about right once you get moving. Gearing seems much taller than the Road Glide did but that may be me just not remembering. It turns about 2000 RPM at 60 MPH. Just kind of thumps along and it feels good but I found that you have to downshift when in the hills and best just to stay in 5th gear under those conditions. Definitely doesn't have the power that the Star Venture had but has plenty for us.

Overall, it was a nice ride. We needed it.

That is terrific Don. Nice to hear that Eileen was able to get out and enjoy some time with you on the bike.

I'm now toying with the idea as you did last year and selling my bike. Very little riding last summer and this year have been home all summer and still very little riding. I'll have to mull it over and then see what it might be worth to list it.

Keep the rubber side down as they say and keep smiling.

Good for you two. There is nothing and I mean nothing that does better for anyone than wind therapy.

I have never been able to figure out what HD was thinking when it comes to passengers. I think they think that we all have size 4 old ladies riding on the back.

It took until 2014 to figure out that the passenger space was way too tight for "normal" people. The Rushmore models finally got that part right.

I hope the ride got the two of you re-inspired and once you get your wife comfortable, you get many happy miles in.