IGNORED

TomTom Rider 550 review

VentureFar

Hello fellow Venturer's,

I was able to get my hands on the TomTom Rider 550.

It is great just like my Brother @cowpuc

finds the twisties for you along with free world wide map updates and free traffic- as long as it is connected to wifi or bluetooth off your phone.

I really like it and will be using it from now on.

Here is my review.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/01/tomtom-rider-550-review-gps-and-more-for-motorcycles/

VentureFar...

Hello fellow Venturer's,

It is great just like my Brother cowpuc

finds the twisties for you along with free world wide map updates and free traffic- as long as it is connected to wifi or bluetooth off your phone.

Here is my review.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/01/tomtom-rider-550-review-gps-and-more-for-motorcycles/

VentureFar...

BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN BROTHER!!:thumbsup::clap2: As you know,, I am not a "GPS"er BUT,, I found myself in this one my friend!! THANK YOU!!

Here's a copy/past of my take that I stuck in the comment section of your review!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this amazing detail in your review Mr. Wyenn and instantly found myself ready for the challenge:

""Picture musical chairs for motorcycles. Everyone starts out toward the same destination, knowing that at any moment, the target might be changed for everyone using this immediate-update feature. Do you ride slower or faster because the next objective could be farther in front or behind or to the side? Have three destination changes that everyone would receive at the same time. The first one to the final location wins, just like sitting on the last chair.""

I once again applaud your worthy writings and awesome reviews!! Keep em coming!!

VERY WELL DONE!!

Puc

Hello fellow Venturer's,

It is great just like my Brother cowpuc

Here is my review.

VentureFar...

I like mine so far. The speed is very accurate and updates quickly when speed zones change. Haven't dug in the manual yet to see if I can enlarge the font size. The route map doesn't always keep the direction you are going to the top of the map. Sometimes on return trips it shows the travel arrow pointing down. I really like the portrait/landscape feature and the how easy it is to rotate it.

Make sure you are in 3D mode and the arrow will be in front of you.

No way that I have seen to change font. Just brightness which helps with clarity since you can’t make the letters bigger.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice article. I was perticular looking to see if you commented on visibility in bright sunlight as that has always been my pet peeve with GPS's. I have always been a fan of TomTom's mapping as I found it much better and quicker than Garmin. My 1st motorcycle GPS was the TOMTOM rider II, but I did later switch to the Garmin 660 however only because its daylight viewing was marginally better than the TOMTOM which was terrible. Now I use the TOMTOM GO app on my phone so I get the best of both worlds with good visibilty and a mapping app that I feel is better than Garmin's. It also has a winding road feature. However I have had my eye on the new TOMTOM rider 550 for a while now saving my penny's and therefore I really enjoyed your write up on the unit.

Nice article. I was perticular looking to see if you commented on visibility in bright sunlight as that has always been my pet peeve with GPS's. I have always been a fan of TomTom's mapping as I found it much better and quicker than Garmin. My 1st motorcycle GPS was the TOMTOM rider II, but I did later switch to the Garmin 660 however only because its daylight viewing was marginally better than the TOMTOM which was terrible. Now I use the TOMTOM GO app on my phone so I get the best of both worlds with good visibilty and a mapping app that I feel is better than Garmin's. It also has a winding road feature. However I have had my eye on the new TOMTOM rider 550 for a while now saving my penny's and therefore I really enjoyed your write up on the unit.

If you have any questions or want to see photos of screens, I am happy to help.

VentureFar...