IGNORED

1999 Yamaha Venture 1300 - No Power

Sudden no power, no clicking, etc. I had the same problem last summer. I had checked the fuse box fuses next to the solenoid with an ohm meter and they were good, so I took it to the shop. I was told the problem was the 'main fuse', which is under the left side passenger foot rest and behind the plastic cover. I just removed those and I see (2) 30 amp fuses there and they both check out good along with the plastic fuse box fuses. I also see 2 plastic wiring harness connections and I'm wondering if there are fuses inside of those connections. Much appreciated if someone has advice/suggestions. Thanks.

Best to start with the connections. First check the battery for full voltage, 12.6v. Check on the posts first and then check the cable clamps, then the cables. The trace the red cable to the next connection and then to the fuse box. Check at each connection, don't assume anything, not even crimped connections.

Report back!

When you say "no power, no clicking"....you are referring to no electrical power or while riding no acceleration, no clicking being the fuel pump when you turn the key on?

If you are referring to a fuel issue - fuel pump is the issue.

If electrical....do you have power going to those fuses? What is the voltage? Could also be your ignition key or your kill switch depending on what lights you have. When you turn the key to acc....do you get power to the accessory plug on the fairing? Do any lights come on when you turn the key to the "ON" position? What is the voltage at the battery?

When you say "no power, no clicking"....you are referring to no electrical power or while riding no acceleration, no clicking being the fuel pump when you turn the key on?

If you are referring to a fuel issue - fuel pump is the issue.

If electrical....do you have power going to those fuses? What is the voltage? Could also be your ignition key or your kill switch depending on what lights you have. When you turn the key to acc....do you get power to the accessory plug on the fairing? Do any lights come on when you turn the key to the "ON" position? What is the voltage at the battery?

Sorry it is electrical. No power whatsoever. Kill switch is not on or killing power. Battery is good. I'll start tracing from the battery. I was hoping I was missing another 'main fuse' somewhere. Thanks.

Best to start with the connections. First check the battery for full voltage, 12.6v. Check on the posts first and then check the cable clamps, then the cables. The trace the red cable to the next connection and then to the fuse box. Check at each connection, don't assume anything, not even crimped connections.

Report back!

Sorry it is electrical. No power whatsoever. Kill switch is not on or killing power. Battery is good. I'll start tracing from the battery. I was hoping I was missing another 'main fuse' somewhere. Thanks.

It's not uncommon for electrical issues because of the key switch. They make a bypass to reduce the electrical load on the switch.

Worth to check. The ignition bypass is/was made by djh3 her on the website.

Dave

Edited by utadventure