IGNORED

1st impressions of 2000 RSV

LaclaMoe

Oh! It’s light. After 10 years on my Kawi Nomad 1500 that was my first thought. Weight must be a lot lower down. If you think it’s heavy, try a Nomad. GF wants more wind protection so i bought this low milage Venture. It’s great. Impressed with no buffeting. Even rained some and my 5’ 8” could slightly see over the cut down shield. Slow speed turning is easier and it handles like sport bike. Yes the tranny whine goes away with speed. Or the harley pipes, but I’ll quieten that down.what the hell were the engineers thinking? Maybe the test riders just drove fast😁 Easy to do. I’ll google that ibasket mod or is there an easier fix? I got on, drove 300 miles home, mostly chasing rabbits. It goes good. Gearing is fine. Overall i like this bike. So does she! WIN!

Guest divey
Oh! It’s light. After 10 years on my Kawi Nomad 1500 that was my first thought. Weight must be a lot lower down. If you think it’s heavy, try a Nomad. GF wants more wind protection so i bought this low milage Venture. It’s great. Impressed with no buffeting. Even rained some and my 5’ 8” could slightly see over the cut down shield. Slow speed turning is easier and it handles like sport bike. Yes the tranny whine goes away with speed. Or the harley pipes, but I’ll quieten that down.what the hell were the engineers thinking? Maybe the test riders just drove fast😁 Easy to do. I’ll google that ibasket mod or is there an easier fix? I got on, drove 300 miles home, mostly chasing rabbits. It goes good. Gearing is fine. Overall i like this bike. So does she! WIN!

Congrats on the 2000. Was that the Millenium that was for sale in Grande Prairie recently? If so she looked like a beauty. You have to post a pic.

Beautiful Venture.

As I read “light” I was wondering what bike you were talking about.

Does it have the lift kit On the rear and a 130 (narrower) front tire? If so then yup.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Ventures.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By light i meant in comparison to the Nomad. I’m only 160lbs and was concerned about the extra 70 lbs of bike.

Get on, lift off the side stand and it felt lighter. Weight is lower down. Stock bike, 150 tire. Low speed handling is similar, high speed cornering, the edge goes to the rsv. Stop quick at slow speed just a bit off balance on a Nomad, you’ll see what i mean.😱 As expected, wind protection way better on the rsv, not even close. Gf loves it. Vtwin more torque, relaxed and quiet on the nomad but the buffeting is bad. V4 more like a sport bike with comfort. But I can’t knock the Kawi, 100k faultless kms. Oh the whine at some speeds with the rsv clutch, that’s what I’m looking at now. Can’t believe they made it like that.

Lucky oh yes, and i want every toy that i have.😊👍

I had a 2002 and loved it. When you need tires put on a set of Avons. It will feel like the bike lost 200 lbs. At age 76 the weight in the parking lot and gravel roads was getting a bit much so I got a Yamaha 1300. I had L.A. Chopper pipes on it. Quiet when at idle or cruise but roared on acceleration. The L.A. Choppers were way lighter than the stock pipes.

A friend just gave me new harley pipes with baffles so they go on first thing. I heard YouTube video with Mutazu pipes. Best sound I’ve ever heard bar none. Glad to hear your heath is holding and your still riding. Here’s to many more years on two wheels. That’s what we all want. 😊👍 It’s part of my DNA. Grandad at 18-3BC79F78-47C1-4184-84FB-DAD5AF6BFF36.jpg

Think I will try the oil drip mod on the basket to lower the whine. I like this bike