IGNORED

Test failure on a front bush

Hi folks,

Yesterday I took the 92 XVZ1300 for it's annual test here in the UK and it failed due to the bushes on the swingarm support bracket (the very front pivot section that joins onto the swingarm itself where the shock mounts) being too worn.

As you may know parts here in the UK for my bike are very difficult to get hold of.

A question....is the swingarm set up on the XVZ1200 the same as the set up on the XVZ1300? i.e. will the bushes on the 1200 fit the same as the bushes on the later 1300?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a supplier of the bolt (possibly 90101-12578), bushes (90381-20069) and collar (90387-144H4-00) over with you guys in the States.

Just read in the service manual that it's the bushing on the RELAY ARM that I'm talking about.

Also I see that repair doesn't look so daunting after all. Mufflers off, shock out a few other bits and that's it. I don't have a ramp and I suppose it's how easy the bolts come out after nearly 30 years. Anyone had experience of doing this job??

Thanks,

Your UK cousin , Blake

Edited by Dales venture

Check out the following phish(s).

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/5004277cf8700209bc7889c0/swing-arm

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/50042b00f8700209bc78972b/swing-arm

There are a lot of parts discontinued, but you might find what you need, other than that, you'll have to get some made up.

Suggest to put grease fittings in all the joints, to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks for that but it's easier finding rocking horse **** than it is finding someone to manufacture bearings around here.

I can't believe bearings are so hard to find?

It's easier to find bearing for my 79 XT500 than it is for a 92 Venture!!

By the way there is a grease nipple on the shaft of the relay arm but previous owners have no doubt forgotten about it.

Regards,

Blake