IGNORED

Idle speed adjustment

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

but even if it isnt and you are trying to get the idle to slow down for improved sound or what ever remember that the oil pump system is probably designed to pump at a certain pressure at factory idle spec.. Going below that factory spec can (at least in old school stuff,, this may not be the case in this modern stuff) lead to big issues.. :happy34:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

but even if it isnt and you are trying to get the idle to slow down for improved sound or what ever remember that the oil pump system is probably designed to pump at a certain pressure at factory idle spec.. Going below that factory spec can (at least in old school stuff,, this may not be the case in this modern stuff) lead to big issues.. :happy34:

Thanks for the good advice. It supposed to idle about 900-1000 rpm but mine is generally 1000-1100. I guess let the dealer figure it out.

Thanks for the good advice. It supposed to idle about 900-1000 rpm but mine is generally 1000-1100. I guess let the dealer figure it out.

Randy has it changed since new? Any alterations in the fuel/exhaust systems since new? If it has gone up since new and no alterations have been made I would be looking for a possible air/vacuum leak.. Even an improperly installed air filter can cause high idle in my limited experience.. I am with you brother,, I would not just ignore it but would definitely bring it up with the dealership and probably want to be informed of what they find when they fix it just in case I could know of something to keep an eye on if needed..

Your also welcome on advice my friend.. One thing I love about this place,, we talk motorcycles :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Randy has it changed since new? Any alterations in the fuel/exhaust systems since new? If it has gone up since new and no alterations have been made I would be looking for a possible air/vacuum leak.. Even an improperly installed air filter can cause high idle in my limited experience.. I am with you brother,, I would not just ignore it but would definitely bring it up with the dealership and probably want to be informed of what they find when they fix it just in case I could know of something to keep an eye on if needed..

Your also welcome on advice my friend.. One thing I love about this place,, we talk motorcycles :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Thanks, the bike is new. A new 2018, just 1000 miles. I rode it a couple hundred miles today and the idle settled down to about 950.