IGNORED

Water pump rebuild Kit

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am looking for a complete water pump rebuild kit for my 86. Want to upgrade to metal impeller as part of the rebuild.

Thanks

Ken

I'd just check with your local Yamaha dealer. They should be able to order what you need without the hassle of shipping from the states...

Your 86 should already be metal propped.. The plastic only appeared on the 83/84's if I recall correctly.. As far as Pump rebuild kits,, I have done all of my 83's except this last one and always found I had to order the parts individually as I never did see an actual "kit".. Probably the reason for this is that sometimes your pump only needs certain parts.. I will say though,, IMHO, taking the time to pull and rebuild the pump = I like to go completely thru it. Sticking that impellar shaft back in with even the slightest amount of wear showing on it where the seal contacts it is just asking for Murphy to show up at the least desirable moment in a good desert CTFW journey.. I would grab and have in hand a new shaft, ceramic and rubber shaft seals, and all associated gaskets and o-rings..