IGNORED

What's your favorite method for getting the bike off the center stand?

What's your favorite method for getting the 1st Gen off the center stand?

I sit on the bike, put up the side stand, grab the handlebars, rock the bike backward on its back tire, and then push hard forward on the handlebars & with my feet. I can usually get it down with one bounce. Sometimes it takes two cycles.

It's there a more graceful way to get the bike off the center stand? I can't imagine getting it down by standing beside the bike.

I’m new to having a center stand. I’ve found that getting it off was a bit unnerving at first but am now comfortable. I only have a 30” inseam so straddling the bike is out of the question for me. I do it with the kickstand down and watch my toe placement, give it a good rock back and push heartily forward while turning the wheel to the right. I don’t do it often as right knee surgery keeps me from putting it up unless absolutely necessary. Would love to hear other suggestions

I sit on the bike, put up the side stand, grab the handlebars, rock the bike backward on its back tire, and then push hard forward on the handlebars & with my feet. I can usually get it down with one bounce. Sometimes it takes two cycles.

It's there a more graceful way to get the bike off the center stand? I can't imagine getting it down by standing beside the bike.

I pick up the back end then just sweep the center stand back with my foot after which a gently put the back end back down.

:canada:

I pick up the back end then just sweep the center stand back with my foot after which a gently put the back end back down.

:canada:

Yah,,, when you was 18 or 20 maybe,,, you is now a bit older, and a year older than yesterday. Do you even get it up on the CS now?

My favorite way is to first get a buddy to get it on the CS, and then I can do the rest, like get on the scoot, fire it up, slap it in gear, let out the clutch, twist a bit on the right handle bar and then rock it backwards. If the first attempt doesn't succeed, then more aggressive and repeated attempts are put in place. Sooner or later it will come off, and practise makes perfect. Disclaimer: don't try this at home and for sure not while holding your beer.

My favorite way is to first get a buddy to get it on the CS, and then I can do the rest, like get on the scoot, fire it up, slap it in gear, let out the clutch, twist a bit on the right handle bar and then rock it backwards. If the first attempt doesn't succeed, then more aggressive and repeated attempts are put in place. Sooner or later it will come off, and practise makes perfect. Disclaimer: don't try this at home and for sure not while holding your beer.
You left out the part about facing a wall while parked in the garage......Don't ask how he knows this :bang head:

You left out the part about facing a wall while parked in the garage......Don't ask how he knows this :bang head:

DEFINITELY!!! Matter of fact,, this brings back to mind something that happened many many years ago when I was just a young Puc on two wheels and developing my own understanding of do's and dont's concerning center stand usage..

I was riding my 59 Sears/Allstate moped at the time (still have it's frame in the basement) and my good friend Dennis, who was from a wealthy family and very spoiled, was riding an AWESOME 80cc Yamaha with a 4 speed tranny.. We were at Dennis's house, parked on the concrete patio outside of Dennis's mom's kitchen where she could look out the big picture window beside her dining room furniture and watch us work on our bikes.. Both bikes were up on their center stands (his bike had both side stand and center, my Allstate only had a center stand).. We had just finished tweeking on Den's Yam's carburation that had been acting up, Dennis started his bike and it immediately when to high R's as, apparently the throttle was stuck.. I have long since imagined that one of us had failed to get the throttle cable fully back into the little cup that sits atop the slide attachment but that is neither here nor there.. About the time the little two stroke 80cc Yam reached its un-rev limited melodious peak R's,, probably in the 9 grand range, Dennis reached over and dropped the bike in gear thinking this may shut er down,, it did nothing as even a little 80cc two stroke when wound up to top R's where Horsepower is the name of the game has plenty enough umphh to laugh at the thought of being shut down by the mere load of the weight of the rear wheel being engaged.. Noting this, Dennis then pushed down on the little rack on the back of his scoot to force the rear wheel onto the concrete to stop its rotation.. When the rear wheel contacted the concrete, the rest of the little yamaha launched into the air like NASA rocket headed to the moon.. I watched as the little Yamaha actually got enough flight to clear the short distance between the foundation under Mrs. Duplisesses picture window and make its way completely into the dining room.. It laid their screaming at top R's with broken glass flinging from its rear wheel.. Dennis's Mom proceeded out the Kitchen door with a broom in her hand and eyes filled with excitement that was aimed at Dennis and I.. As I was rolling my 59 off its center stand I remember hearing the little yamaha shut itself down revealing a high pitched scream that was notably not of the two stroke type.. I patted my bike on her fuel tank and thanked her for starting up so easily this time as it, once again,, removed me from the trouble in my rear view mirror..

The End

I ended up taking about 2 inches off the legs of the CS and welded pipe at 90 degrees facing outward. Both tires are on the ground while on the stand now and I have no problem riding off fully loaded. Light foot pressure pops it right back up on the stand.