IGNORED

New to me '83 Venture Royale - How to remove CLASS board?

Hello all! First post here!

I purchased a new-to-me '83 VR with 44k miles on it today in really good condition. It practically sparkles!

Nothing wrong with the bike whatsoever and runs great except that the CLASS computer doesn't come on at all.

I'm very handy with electronics and since the display doesn't even come on I'm gonna guess some solder points have cracked from old age, weather, and hot/cold.

I have already searched the forum I promise - even found a post saying "There are instructions on how to remove the board on this forum" - but I cannot find instructions anywhere.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction on where I can go to find these instructions?

Thanks all and hope to be able to help everyone else in return some day!

HA! Exactly what I needed!

Popped the board out and WOW someone before tried to solder and REALLY doesn't know how!

Cleaned up the solder joints, there was a solder bridge between two of them even.

Popped it back in and it worked first try!

Thanks so much!

HA! Exactly what I needed!

Popped the board out and WOW someone before tried to solder and REALLY doesn't know how!

Cleaned up the solder joints, there was a solder bridge between two of them even.

Popped it back in and it worked first try!

Thanks so much!

Glad you got it going. Same story here, some previous owner of mine went through a whole lot more effort bypassing the compressor and adding schrader valves and an auxiliary compressor. They tried to resolder the board, but didn’t know what they were doing obviously. Also had a bridged joint on mine.