IGNORED

Guess I'm riding again

Freebird

Well the good news is that I picked up and installed the highway pegs and even picked up a luggage rack. Haven't had time to install the rack though. That's the bad news. I'm buried in work right now. I've ridden the bike one time since I bought it and that was only about 5 miles. It seems that suddenly everybody needs a stairlift. I installed a lift yesterday (Saturday) in Columbus and have another to install in Columbus today. I have installed scheduled every day this week and even got talked into doing one in Mercer, PA on Friday. I usually don't go out of Ohio. I'm appreciative of the business but to be honest, it's wearing me out right now and I would love to find some time to ride.

I know how much you like helping people, and if somebody calls and says the need something you would jump right in and help out. It's a fine characteristic to have, so don't let me get in the way. But,,, are you the only guy that can install stair lifts in Ohio? Why not let some of the other guys have some business as well. If you are wearing yourself out, then you are overdoing it. I think Eileen would like to have you for a husband for a few more years and in good enough shape to enjoy life together without her turning into a full time nurse. Sometime, in becoming retired the hardest thing is to change ones mindset.

Kudos to you Freebird for being such a hard working dedicated person. But, you are in charge of your schedule. If you don't want to work weekends, don't schedule any installs on the weekends.

Around here, when I need some home repair done that I don't want to tackle such as rot repair on the fascia boards on the eaves of my 2 story house, it takes months to get on someone's schedule and they don't work weekends.

Well guys, I don't usually work on Sunday. I do work occasionally on Saturday. I had two custom built curved lifts that I had to get installed in Columbus. It took a while to get them due to limited shipping form the Netherlands where they were built. All due to this Covid crap. I usually get them in about 4 weeks but it took 7 weeks this time. The people were very understanding and I had promised them that I would get them installed immediately when they arrived. So, they arrived on Thursday. I was already booked for Friday so installed them over the weekend.

Then I got really busy and have installs every day this week. The thing about this business, and probably most businesses, is when it rains it pours. I could turn down some business right now but next month it could be slow and I will wish I hadn't turned it down. I'll get this all figured out sooner or later.

Well guys, I don't usually work on Sunday. I do work occasionally on Saturday. I had two custom built curved lifts that I had to get installed in Columbus. It took a while to get them due to limited shipping form the Netherlands where they were built. All due to this Covid crap. I usually get them in about 4 weeks but it took 7 weeks this time. The people were very understanding and I had promised them that I would get them installed immediately when they arrived. So, they arrived on Thursday. I was already booked for Friday so installed them over the weekend.

Then I got really busy and have installs every day this week. The thing about this business, and probably most businesses, is when it rains it pours. I could turn down some business right now but next month it could be slow and I will wish I hadn't turned it down. I'll get this all figured out sooner or later.

Of course you will,, you ALWAYS do brother!!! That's what being a full fledged,, all American Entrepreneur is all about!!!!! Keep on keeping on Bossman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Got my install done today and got home around 2:00. My windshield bags had arrived that I ordered last week so I got them installed. Here are some updated pictures. I will get it out and take some good pictures soon. Raining today. Got the highway pegs installed, the fringe removed, the windshield bags installed, the riders backrest installed. The only thing I've bought was the windshield bags and the highway pegs. Anything else you see came on the bike when I bought it. I've also bought a luggage rack but haven't installed it yet.

IMG_2077.jpg IMG_2078.jpg IMG_2079.jpeg

Whoa Donny-boy!

Gotcherself one SUWEEET-lookin' set of Wheels, Bud!!!

Congrats in Major Mode; now gettit on The Road... maybe even take a DAY OFF!!!

Lookit up if you need that explained.~~

Hugs, WRIDR

I know how much you like helping people, and if somebody calls and says the need something you would jump right in and help out. It's a fine characteristic to have, so don't let me get in the way. But,,, are you the only guy that can install stair lifts in Ohio? Why not let some of the other guys have some business as well. If you are wearing yourself out, then you are overdoing it. I think Eileen would like to have you for a husband for a few more years and in good enough shape to enjoy life together without her turning into a full time nurse. Sometime, in becoming retired the hardest thing is to change ones mindset.

That would be the same as someone needing my top level electrical experience...how do you say no?

Especially since I quit takin' that damned Prozac the doc had me on for 7-1/2 years...now I can get back into ridin' more again, just broke 11k on the replacement

I was in the same boat after my Cancer treatments and being in remission now. I had some problems with my legs after the Radiation and Chemo treatments, which had me thinking I wasn’t going to be riding again. I started looking at 3 wheels and was leaning towards a Can Am Spyder. But I just felt I wasn’t ready to ride a tricycle yet. I pushed myself really hard in my rehab and got to the point I figured I could handle two wheels again.

So I bought a 2010 GoldWing from a friend, I knew the bike really well, I was even there when he bought it. I’ve followed that bike all over North America, I know how he treats it and looks after it, he is very fussy! It has everything I want on it and pretty low mileage at 78,000.

Being a friend he gave me a very good price. The colour isn’t one I would normally have chosen but like I said, I’ve been looking at it for a number of years and kind of liked it now. At least no one has an excuse for not seeing me! (For some reason he got it in his head he wanted a BMW?)

FFB23BD5-C1A0-42D2-870A-8E28D3C2F3DA.jpeg

38797109-026D-4986-99A9-15B773773B3B.jpeg

I was in the same boat after my Cancer treatments and being in remission now. I had some problems with my legs after the Radiation and Chemo treatments, which had me thinking I wasn’t going to be riding again. I started looking at 3 wheels and was leaning towards a Can Am Spyder. But I just felt I wasn’t ready to ride a tricycle yet. I pushed myself really hard in my rehab and got to the point I figured I could handle two wheels again.

So I bought a 2010 GoldWing from a friend, I knew the bike really well, I was even there when he bought it. I’ve followed that bike all over North America, I know how he treats it and looks after it, he is very fussy! It has everything I want on it and pretty low mileage at 78,000.

Being a friend he gave me a very good price. The colour isn’t one I would normally have chosen but like I said, I’ve been looking at it for a number of years and kind of liked it now. At least no one has an excuse for not seeing me! (For some reason he got it in his head he wanted a BMW?)

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119152

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119153

A :scared: and a WOWZY WOW WOW WOW she is GORGEOUS brother!! :thumbsup: I would name er "Nanner":big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

and a double :scared::scared:,, make that a triple :scared::scared::scared: and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW for a welcome back my friend!!! Still got those prayers up and thoughts for you as you continue putting a whooping on the cancer Dave!!

Have fun out there on the Wing,, she is PURDY!!!! Using some of Arlis from Old Yellers lingo,, that aint no ugly yeller bike,, thats a PURDY yeller bike!!! RIDE ON BROTHER!!!!

Puc

A :scared: and a WOWZY WOW WOW WOW she is GORGEOUS brother!! :thumbsup: I would name er "Nanner":big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

and a double :scared::scared:,, make that a triple :scared::scared::scared: and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW for a welcome back my friend!!! Still got those prayers up and thoughts for you as you continue putting a whooping on the cancer Dave!!

Have fun out there on the Wing,, she is PURDY!!!! Using some of Arlis from Old Yellers lingo,, that aint no ugly yeller bike,, thats a PURDY yeller bike!!! RIDE ON BROTHER!!!!

Puc

Hey thanks Puc feels good to be back :biker:

I’ve been calling her “Ranger” as in Yellow Power Ranger........!!

16688F1A-00CE-4866-A01E-7B8F1CB384D6.jpeg

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119152

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119153

Dave great news on all accounts. Nothing wrong with your convertible, but it truly doesn't replace the enjoyment on a bike.

Congratulations.