IGNORED

Aussie needs help

Hi guy’s from Australia

I have recently bought a 1988 Ventura Royale 1300 in need of a bit of TLC but runs and rides well. I have been following this site for a few months now and found some great and valuable information. My problem is with the CLASS control system not working properly. I have just done the re-soldering of the circuit board and that seemed to help get things working again but I am still getting the E2 error. On a closer inspection of the compressor unit I found oil leaking from it and when I removed the the lead from the front forks oil flowed from it. Is this normal?

Would appreciate any help

Regards Brian

Nope! That is not normal. When you release air from the front shocks it exits through the compressor conflageration in the rear, and if there is too much oil in the shocks it will join the exiting air and cause what you have. Solution: drain the front forks and put in the proper amount of oil (I used plain power steering oil), then dis-assemble the air compressor and solenoids and clean them well, including the desiccant. Also inject some brake clean into the rubber hoses and blow out immediately to clean out any oil. Hopefully the desiccant is not contaminated or you'll have to replace that as well.

WYAI: Put progressive springs in the front shocks and you won't be needing to put any air into them again.

Thanks Mate.

I did replace the fork oil a few weeks back and thought I had the levels correct, obviously not! It looks like I have a bit of work to do.

I have read a few threads about the progressive springs and maybe worth doing. I’ll see if I can source some locally, parts for these old girls are getting hard to get over here.

Cheers