IGNORED

How to delink breaks

Greetings from the southern shores of lake Michigan . 40year rider,limey bikes mostly except for 85 V-Max.Now it's 90 HD softail and 88 VR ,need help on what parts I need to single out brakes. Also independent air to shocks. Thank you !

Welcome from the western shores of Lake Michigan.

Check out a member on this forum, Skydoc_17. Earl is a terrific guy and will have all the parts you’ll need. No need for trial and error, no need to monkey around trying to source parts the might or might not fit.

And welcome,

Pat

• 1 month later...

I have owned the same Venture Royale for more than 30 years. Approx. 28 years ago I did all of this delinking in 1 week. One of the 1st things was delinking the brakes. It's a simple volumetric law. You running 2 calipers instead of One . You must use a larger master for proper feel and power. I got new early 90's FZR1000. Bore is at least 16mm. Plus ON 1300's the left and right calipers are different bores, and I got calipers from and 90 FJ1200 to make things equal. But they needed to be shimmed(washered) for perfect alignment to the rotors. Put in HH pads.The brakes are more powerful & controllable. Lastly I put SS lines on. With all my mods to suspension , brakes , engine and more. I ride with Ducati and other sport riders...they envy me. It's the best 800# sport bike out there. No chicken strips on my tires. Presently have 113k miles on it...dynos at 93hp.