IGNORED

Foot Peg Rubber Pad Glue

BlueSky

One of the better flexible rubber glues I've found is GOOP. Its a thick rubber cement and you'll have to clamp the parts together for a few hours to let it set.

I've used their various formulas for shoe soles, rubber chafe pads on canvas tarps, and high wear places in automotive interiors.

I have messed around with most of the stuff available over the counter and thru the dealership at one time or another and,, bar none,, the best of the best that I have ran into so far @BlueSky is E-6000.. I have bought numerous tubes now from our local dollar store and every time I use the stuff,, be it for patching holes in saddle bags that I got from rolling my bike down a mountain side or repairing carb slides or repairing my glasses or repairing Tippies tenner shoes after she snagged a rock and seperated the sole from the shoe,,,, best of the best is:

JUST FOLLOW A COUPLE RULES:

1. Clean surface well, let set till fully cured (over night).

2. Dont do #1 if you get it on your fingers,, stuff dont come off :big-grin-emoticon:

Well, as it turned out, I was barking up the wrong tree. The Kawasaki ZN700 rubber foot peg pads are bolted on, not glued on. The rubber pad is bolted on with two small bolts that are sunken into the aluminum foot peg. I unbolted it and found that the pad is pulled over the metal core and that the outside corner wasn't completely pulled over the metal core. With the help of a flat blade screwdriver I was able to get it pulled over the metal core and bolted it back on! Problem solved!

This bike was 24 years old when I bought it, but it only had 1k miles on it, so it's possible it came like that new. One of my bikes made a fool of me again! Seems to happen a lot!