IGNORED

We had our first deer hit.

OrlinEngh

Had a deer come across the road from our left, wasn't much time for going to the right or left. So I pointed the cycle for a straight on hit to the deer. And it worked, we stayed up after the front went up and felt a hard hit to the left rear area and gave us a bit of a wobble at 55.

We are a pretty good, Sharon has a sore left foot and is limping around some this morning, As for me, thumbs are both sore, left wrist and left leg from the knee down is sore, nothing broke that's a great thing.

The second gen didn't fair as well, Slight front fender damage, took the lower fairing and pushed the rear crash guard and bag rail in and busted up the saddle bag. All can be replaced, worst part of that is I just rebuilt the cycle along with all of the body parts and this was our first ride on it.

The deer didn't fair as well as we did, we went back later and found it dead down over the side of the road.

And no I didn't bring it back and butcher it, Just wanted to set and relax and enjoy the rest of our day.

Orlin

You did well!!! Exactly what the book says to do, and it paid off,,, but I'm sure there was an Angle or two kept busy for a few seconds as well. Blessings as you heal and fix.

Remember: The throttle is your friend! And so is our Great Shepherd.

So happy you survived with minimal injuries!

I used to think of deer as "Bambi". But, after a big buck deer slammed into the side of my car in a 35mph zone within the city limits of Peru, Nebraska, I decided that as stupid as they are, they must have been put on earth for food.

So happy you survived with minimal injuries!

I used to think of deer as "Bambi". But, after a big buck deer slammed into the side of my car in a 35mph zone within the city limits of Peru, Nebraska, I decided that as stupid as they are, they must have been put on earth for food.

Yes delicious tasty food.

Several years ago I was riding on a small back road in Wisconsin and a deer dashed across the road and jumped over the front wheel on my bike and just missed being hit by the windshield. A VERY close call. I didn't have any time to react in any way since the brush he came from was right beside the road. There was still a tiny amount of air between us and then he was gone. Never even hit the brakes or anything. Ya just never know!

zag

Glad ya'll are OK! Sorry to hear the bike is damaged.

My BIL used to hit at least one deer every season. Always in their car or van.

I've hit one deer in my life. On my '81 Yamaha Seca! Minimal damage to the bike and I was fine. My shorts? Not so fine!

I was on the highway at 10:30 at night heading to work. Moderate traffic and running @ 75MPH. I saw the deer come out of the tree line and jump the 4' fence onto the roadway about 100 yds. ahead. A look in the rear view told me standing on the brakes was not an option so I down shifted and hit WOT. I felt a slight wobble at 85mph as I passed the deer on the right berm. When I got to work, my right rear turn indicactor was dangling from the wires and my license plate was bent up with blood and fur smears.

The good news was it gave me a legitimate excuse to update to LED indicators!

Ive Not ever Hit anything, But Ive been Hit. All the things ive learned about Biking says to do exactly as you did, steer straight brace and follow through. I cant say that I could pull it off as you did. Repair costs are much cheaper than surgery.

Great Job Riding in the Hand of God. You did your Part and did it well !!

Stay Blessed!

Glad to hear your safe. I've been lucky enough not to hit any deer although there have been several close calls. I did have a dog put me over the handle bars on a rural road in OH. High weeds right up to the side of the road and doing 35 - 40 around a small curve. It hit the front tire right on the right side while the curve went to the left. I was OK probably because I was still young enough but the dog was not. I was close to home and was able to ride it home slowly and with a lot of difficulty as the handle bars were bent. Had to replace the cheap JC Whitney windshield I had, handle bars, crash bars, saddle bag and some paint. Like you, I will take the damage to the bike and was thankful to still be in one piece.

Welcome to the club. I took one out back in 2010 , dusk coming north out of Red Lodge,MT. Wifey on the back, trailer in tow, sent the deer ass over tea kettle into the woods ! We stayed up, bike fender, passing lamps, signals and light visors all mangled [emoji21] Pulled the fender off the tire and finished our 2 week tour. This was all after Mr. Groundhogs met my front tire on our ascent of Beartooth Pass. My buddy that lives out there said he was going to report me for hunting without a license! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sharon went in today to get her foot x rayed, They didn't think she had any broken bones just bruised. And was impressed with her story.

I did take the other Venture out for a four hour ride on Sunday to get back in the saddle.

Did go to work on repairs today, The lower fairing was pretty much all gone, Crash bar was bent past the point of getting useable again along with the plastic parts down there. I was able to get the rear crash bar pulled back into place along with the bag rails, not perfect but still decent, and got the nasty stuff washed off from the deer.

Feeling pretty great full in the way it all turned out. I know that it could have been a much different out come.

Orlin

Had a deer come across the road from our left, wasn't much time for going to the right or left. So I pointed the cycle for a straight on hit to the deer. And it worked, we stayed up after the front went up and felt a hard hit to the left rear area and gave us a bit of a wobble at 55.

We are a pretty good, Sharon has a sore left foot and is limping around some this morning, As for me, thumbs are both sore, left wrist and left leg from the knee down is sore, nothing broke that's a great thing.

The second gen didn't fair as well, Slight front fender damage, took the lower fairing and pushed the rear crash guard and bag rail in and busted up the saddle bag. All can be replaced, worst part of that is I just rebuilt the cycle along with all of the body parts and this was our first ride on it.

The deer didn't fair as well as we did, we went back later and found it dead down over the side of the road.

And no I didn't bring it back and butcher it, Just wanted to set and relax and enjoy the rest of our day.

Orlin

I was out CTFW(S) when this happened and thankfully @Flyinfool ratted you out or I may have missed it @OrlinEngh,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, sooooooooooo glad to hear you two are ok Or!! Please let Sharon know we are praying for her injuries none the less!! Sorry too about the bike but what the heck brother,, sure sounds like you did a GREAT job on steering thru, with Gods help, what could have easily been a bad one and now you can work your magic on getting the scoot back up.. Fool told me about it,, ya gave the willies just hearing about it ya lop eared cheese headed varmint:Bunny2:...

Thoughts and Prayers Up from the other side of the pond..

Puc