IGNORED

Grandson Looking for first bike?

cecdoo

My grandson is looking to get into riding, looking for a nice first bike, around 650cc, cruiser type. Anyone know of a nice one tucked away in your neighbors garage, Pa, Nj, Maryland area would be great. We have been looking online, not much luck, seems they are being scooped up and carved up for cafe racers? Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Craig

I've got a 1982 Yamaha Maxim 750 I would let go cheap.It's on the wrong side of PA for you though. I'm in Youngstown, OH right on the western PA border.

The Maxim would need a little work as the carbs need cleaned and the valve clearance should be checked. But she runs as is. Not perfect but reliable. I think the tires are 4 years old but don't hold me to that.

Wanted to Thank all who responded, we are going to take Rich up on his offer of the Maxim. I had a 650 maxim yrs ago, my son had a 550 maxim yrs ago and now his son/my grandson will have a 750 maxim. Pretty cool eh. The kid is gnawing at the bit to go out and pick her up, have to admit I am looking forward to helping him out.

Thanks, Craig

Dang, I just sold an xj650 Maxim a few months ago. It was a very nice one too, with low mileage.

My grandson is looking to get into riding, looking for a nice first bike, around 650cc, cruiser type. Anyone know of a nice one tucked away in your neighbors garage, Pa, Nj, Maryland area would be great. We have been looking online, not much luck, seems they are being scooped up and carved up for cafe racers? Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Craig