IGNORED

No power now... losing my mind

Sorry guys, it's me again .... the forum problem child!

Anyway, while working on my clicky-no-starty issue, I was checking out the starter relay. I had forgotten to disconnect the battery, and got a small quick spark when I grounded out the top right hand bolt on the starter relay. Now I have no power, no radio, no neutral lights, no dash lights... nothing. The two 30 amp fuses in the starter relay ring out, and look fine, as does every fuse in the fuse box under the left side cover. Battery is fine. The bike was starting and running just before I began working on it. I could use some advice please.

Super frustrated so I apologize if it comes through the post. I know the bike is 14 years old but only 50k on it. I just cant believe the small issues I'm having....

Is it possibly time for a new bike?

This is certainly no fun!!

TIA

Ok ..I'm replying so everyone know when I ask for help, just how much help I really need. Anyway....

yeah... did you know that ALL the power for everything goes through the starter relay first....

Once I put the relay back in everything works.....

So, sorry about that last post. My fault.

Guess I know now.

Sorry guys...

Now don't you g being sorry,,, we are here to help each other, and not all of us are mechanics or even close to being a wrench,,, that is kind of like why we have this site,,, so ask away, post your frustrations and difficulties, and if you missed something??????? Well so did we,, we missed helping you.

Your location says Cumberland, is that down by the Pa Maryland border? If so reach out to Wiz. Ron is his name and he is a Wiz, he lives for this stuff and I am pretty sure he would help you out. He lives down in that area.

Good Luck, Craig

Edited by cecdoo
spelling

Your location says Cumberland, is that down by the Pa Maryland border? If so reach out to Wiz. Ron is his name and he is a Wiz, he lives for this stuff and I am pretty sure he would help you out. He lives down in that area.

Good Luck, Craig

Thanks .. but no. Unfortunately I'm in Rhode Island.