IGNORED

Just Curious

Yama Mama

Just curious, when and where are you wearing a mask? I have been wearing them when I go into stores. But from what I hear, you should only be wearing a mask if you have symptoms of being ill.

So now I think why am I wearing a mask, I am not ill.

Yama Mama

My understanding is that as many as half of carriers exhibit no symptoms. So they can spread it without showing any sign of the disease.

I wear a mask when I'm inside a public place, even though I am symptom and maybe disease free. In fact, in Michigan it's the law. There is a lot of non-compliance here though. I think people understand the mask won't protect them and are either unaware it's to protect others or just don't care.

I place not wearing a mask in a public place in the same category of sticking gum under the chair. Very poor manners.

Can't breathe in those derned things. Don't wear 'em. If I sense that others are worried about it, I'll keep my distance, but that's about it. I think this whole mess is a bunch of BS anyway......waaayyy overplayed.

Some weird Socio-Eco-Demographic stuff is going on here in Belleville Ontario.

We have two very large Grocery Stores in town; one is higher level/more expensive; the other boasts cheaper prices. Both are good stores.

We sit in the truck and observe, while our dear Wife risks entering, wearing Mask and Gloves. BTW: both stores spray and wipe carts after each user leaves it outside the store.

Here's the interesting part: in the high-end one, most shoppers enter the store already wearing gloves and masks. (Staffers spray the gloves in lieu of hands!) In the other, we'd guess half the Shoppers - including supposedly much more vulnerable older Folks - enter with zero protection!

One wonders about The Thinking. At this Stage, AWARENESS can't be an issue? From what we understand about Covid Effect, Death is slow and horrible; you basically cannot breathe!

So... howcum everybody isn't playing it SAFE???

Rgds, WRIDR

I teach at a college. If we are in "the personal space" we are to wear a mask so I do. I have tried the white N95 type, and it rubs my nose raw and its hard to get glasses to fit rite. So I bought a "neck gaiter" it works a lot better but can be hot around my neck. So this week I have been using just the paper "procedure" mask. I like it best as it is a little less restrictive and there for cooler. I have mixed thoughts on the whole mask thing. If you wear one it has to filter the air some no matter what the material is.

The goofy things about this whole deal is like was mentioned. These ding bats wear gloves and mask into the store, then get in car open the door start car and drive off. All with their "used" gloves etc on. So they bring the germs into their car fro the next trip. So I went to the grocery store the other day. I get to Publix and park. As I'm walking in Mr Harley tuff guy pulls up on his Touring bike. No helmet and opens trunk. Then he pulls out a mask and proceeds to go in store. I'm thinking "OK so your tuff enough your gonna challenge pavement with your melon, but your worried about a germ?"

I don't agree with the only wear a mask if your symptomatic, it goes against 40 plus years of training. I was always taught to wear a mask to keep things out of my lungs and mouth. I think we are going to learn some new things from this virus, wear a mask in public, keep your distance, wash your hands more often. I use a glove or plastic bag at the fuel pump and then throw it away and pay at the pump when possible. when I get back in my vehicle I have a container of clorox wipes and I wipe my hands, credit card, steering wheel and door handle down with it. Am I going to far well maybe but it is like riding a bike can you ride to much? Be safe out there and do what makes you feel good.

Take it for what its worth. The following is based on past experience dealing with Gov as a Private contractor in the field of Catastrophe Assistance.

Back in Feb I received 2 boxes in the mail. one had a full face rebreather in it. the second a hazmat suit, cleanable reusable. dammed expensive stuff, the mask a P95 not N95.

When something happens, the Phone rings the emails come, after you respond you have 48 hrs to report or evac to whatever FOB or ROB you are assigned to depending on the nature of the disaster.

This Virus is not lethal to everyone. Considering that fact. a lot of folks are buying into whatever group of people they belong to for info and standing on that alone. So Far anyone already diabetic, breathing issues, Lymphoma cancer patients people with pre existing conditions are at High risk. I myself, 5 heart attacks, one recent and very nasty ruptured brain aneurysm. 5 heart abilitations, and Sudden Death Syndrome 3 instances in the past 15 years. its not the kill rate thats so bad, but the infection rate. Those infected do not all get sick right off, some never will. On the other hand, they will infect others continuously since our Gov decided not to contain it and let it do what it does we now have a social mess and a killer virus based on politics and party.

I wear a Mask when I am near or around other people for 2 reasons.

I dont want anyone elses bug. 2 its just plain safer to do given my age and medical history.

not a comfy thing having something strapped to your face.

we Passed 100k dead this past week. lets say thats 20% a bad guess, still 80k dead now what?

As a Half Breed African American Native american 15% caucasian person Ive seen enough in military and civilian life professionally to know when its a joke or a waste of time.

My best answer, look around you and decide who you would like to infect then make your decisions.

I dont love any of ya less for whatever your decision is as I know why we are divided on this and it is not the fault of the people.

God Bless and Good Luck to all, we need both to get past this.

We will not ever be returning to normal.

This is called a World Life changing Event. Very Large and Very Bad and Im not talking about the Virus.....

God Bless

Can't breathe in those derned things. Don't wear 'em. If I sense that others are worried about it, I'll keep my distance, but that's about it. I think this whole mess is a bunch of BS anyway......waaayyy overplayed.

I find it hard to understand how anyone can say its is overplayed or even as in some cases claim it is a Hoax. In a few short months the US alone has lost double the number of American lives than then American Lives lost during the entire Vietnam war not to mention the number of lives lost world wide. Here in Ontario just from mothers day visits the numbers have jumped over 400 a day again. So lets face it we know nothing conclusive about this disease other than it spreads like wild fire and unlike other infections that are only contagious while symptoms exist, this one is what is referred to as a sleeper in that it can be spread weeks before symptoms even appear. So if all it takes is wearing a mask to reduce the number of infections if only to slow it down to the point where it brings the numbers down to a more manageable level for front line workers then so be it.

This past weekend we had overcrowding in some of the parks by people who just could not care less. In the mean time front line workers are risking there lives and their families lives to fight this thing. That was real slap in the face for these hard working people. Its not just about the individual anymore its about all those around you as well as your self. If we can show team support for athletic events than surely we can show team support for fighting a highly infectious disease.

As I am a proud uneducated French Canadian and certainly not the type to say I told you's so back in February!

This was never a hoax, it has always been political and, we are yet to see just how much fallout is going to rain down because we stuck our heads in the sand listening to ignorance, arguing along party lines instead of coming together as alert listening to reason people in place of blind self centering ignorance.

This has been a world wide challenge not a curse inflicted on just one nation or one political alignment.

This whole infection spread has been twisted by several nation leaders too inept to cope and come together with few exceptions.

Every leading authority has been challenged disparaged insulted for not having the right answers quick enough for a novel virus: all the while being blamed by all sides for not effectively being able to fulfill their mandates because of ignorant interference.

I will agree with fool on this one point, all media slants the truth but, state media plainly lied, has in the past defended its right to lie; is also why it hasn't permission to broadcast in many countries, and should have the sanitation of a spotlight by people to prevent it from happening again by law.

Think about that, the news broadcast is not by law obliged to tell you the truth or how it came to be, yet, the print journalism is held to a different standard! Why?

anyways that's my take

Some weird Socio-Eco-Demographic stuff is going on here in Belleville Ontario.

We have two very large Grocery Stores in town; one is higher level/more expensive; the other boasts cheaper prices. Both are good stores.

We sit in the truck and observe, while our dear Wife risks entering, wearing Mask and Gloves. BTW: both stores spray and wipe carts after each user leaves it outside the store.

Here's the interesting part: in the high-end one, most shoppers enter the store already wearing gloves and masks. (Staffers spray the gloves in lieu of hands!) In the other, we'd guess half the Shoppers - including supposedly much more vulnerable older Folks - enter with zero protection!

One wonders about The Thinking. At this Stage, AWARENESS can't be an issue? From what we understand about Covid Effect, Death is slow and horrible; you basically cannot breathe!

So... howcum everybody isn't playing it SAFE???

Rgds, WRIDR

Based on whats going here in my area of northern Maine, whether you believe it or not has become directly associated with political party. The new twist is, if you were a Mask you are trying to catch covid-19 and wantingly spread it to others. Thats the story in this little town of 700

Who makes this stuff up ? The Leadership has failed miserably at the Task of informing people of best practices to keep us close and safe. We have become as divided as a country can get before the shooting starts. Things are rea;;y off the hook everywhere you look, no singular authority, no common cause plan for control or recovery. Those two issues are called Mission standards for those of us in the catastrophe assistance roles. As of now, they do not exsist.....

I was reflecting on Memorial Day, about the label given to the generation before me "The Greatest Generation" how they overcame so much in terms of wars, depression and adversity. How we revere our few remaining veterans of WW2, my father was one, sadly he is gone. Aren't those veterans the exact demographic most vulnerable? If wearing a mask and social distancing helped save even one of them, wouldnt it be the greatest way to show them the respect they deserve? Our Vietnam Vets who were treated pretty poorly upon return from SE Asia, they are now battling all types of medical conditions, war related. Again the most vulnerable demographic, I try to shake their hands and Thank them, maybe a better way to Thank them would be to do my part in stopping the spread of this virus.

Anyway, thats what I was thinking about on Memorial Day, and thats why I do everything I can, to help the nurses and Drs that gave me 2.5more years with my wife and kids.

Craig

I wear the cheap paper mask whenever I'm in a store. I keep several in my truck so I am always prepared. I think we paid about $.80 each for a pack of 50.

No gloves as they don't do anything to protect you as the virus is not spread through ones skin. A glove would however make one think twice about rubbing your eyes, mouth, and nose where you would likely introduce the virus into your body.

A mask (without the valve) will help prevent the wearer from spreading the virus and also filter the incoming air that others have introduced into the air around you. The masks with the valve will allow the wearer to expel the virus into the surrounding air.

Out and about working on the roof of a pretty good sized mall today....Then down into the stores, I noticed that pretty much all of the sales people had masks, but only maybe 10 or 20% of the public did.

Funny thing was at a small boutique store who had placed a service call. (No A/C). I walked into the store and was advised by a sales girl that I had to have a mask to be in the store....I told her I was here to work on the AC and the mask was no longer an issue...lol....

Funny thing I've noticed over the years are that they're happy to see you when you're there to fix the heat, but when you're there to fix the AC...they think you're Superman. lol

Anyhoo, this thing seems to be drawing down in Central OH. Now we'll just wait for round 2 to get everyone stoked up again.

:icon_lurker:

I personally wore a mask 1 time during all of this, it was in a hospital when there was a death in the family. I will not wear one elsewhere.

I don't recall saying, or hear anyone I know say, this was a hoax but I and many others believe there is an EXTREME over reaction to this thing. What I do is this, I do not visit a nursing home or an area where any illness would have a major impact if I am not feeling well. Forget the mask just don't go. Yes, I know that many are thought to be asymptomatic with this but guess what, you can be asymptomatic with something as deadly as Tuberculosis or common cold for that matter. It's called being a carrier.

I hear friends state we should have a chip implanted under the skin to quickly diagnose or track people then I mention the holocaust, we had a family friend that was a survivor of one of the camps and I still remember seeing the number on her arm when I was a kid. People talk about contact tracing then I mention this is what every tyrannical government has done since governments existed.

Everyone talks about 100K dead in the US. I had an Aunt pass away in OH. I was told by a family member that while she was in the hospital from early January until she passed ~70 days later she was diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2. She survived that and was added to the stats as a recovered COVID patient. When she passed the hospital put on her death certificate something to the effect of COVID related illness. A blatant fabrication which my cousin made them correct. Can I personally attest to this, no, but it is becoming a recurring statement I am hearing personally and in the media.

Did you know there were 80K documented deaths from the flu in 2017 alone. This year they stopped counting at 24K and started using Suspected COVID related illness.

Many say wear a mask until this thing is over. Well it will NEVER be over, think small pox. This will be pushed as far as they can because there are people who thrive off the power of others fears. Most of these are Politicians or Media because it puts money in their pockets.

I went to work every day while most in our company worked remotely. They had a company wide conference call for the 'reopening' of the offices nationwide where they explained if you go to a funeral you will 'self-quarantine' afterwards. This is not voluntary so it is basically exile with a time limit. If you don't wear a mask you can be fired. At that point with an upcoming funeral an the threatening of my livelihood I told them I would work from home until further notice. Hopefully this will be without any backlash, we will see.

Remember that Quarantine is the isolation of the ill, controlling the movement of the people is Tyranny.

I'll stop my rambling before I cause the thread to be killed.

I find it hard to understand how anyone can say its is overplayed or even as in some cases claim it is a Hoax. In a few short months the US alone has lost double the number of American lives than then American Lives lost during the entire Vietnam war not to mention the number of lives lost world wide. Here in Ontario just from mothers day visits the numbers have jumped over 400 a day again. So lets face it we know nothing conclusive about this disease other than it spreads like wild fire and unlike other infections that are only contagious while symptoms exist, this one is what is referred to as a sleeper in that it can be spread weeks before symptoms even appear. So if all it takes is wearing a mask to reduce the number of infections if only to slow it down to the point where it brings the numbers down to a more manageable level for front line workers then so be it.

This past weekend we had overcrowding in some of the parks by people who just could not care less. In the mean time front line workers are risking there lives and their families lives to fight this thing. That was real slap in the face for these hard working people. Its not just about the individual anymore its about all those around you as well as your self. If we can show team support for athletic events than surely we can show team support for fighting a highly infectious disease.

Reading over the posts....I gotta say,...I still don't know anyone who's had it....or anyone who's been sick...or certainly anyone who's died from it.....and I know a lotta people..... Just sayin'

Reading over the posts....I gotta say,...I still don't know anyone who's had it....or anyone who's been sick...or certainly anyone who's died from it.....and I know a lotta people..... Just sayin'

One of my coworkers had it. She and her husband. She's an IT trainer and was visiting our largest office. She spent a lot of time with one of my team members while he was in her home office. She gets up close and personal with a lot of people. No one else has been diagnosed with it. Strange thing is My guy who was in her home office doing work, went to lunch and dinner with her on several occasions, got pretty sick afterward. He tested negative.

A mask (without the valve) will help prevent the wearer from spreading the virus and also filter the incoming air that others have introduced into the air around you. The masks with the valve will allow the wearer to expel the virus into the surrounding air.

A point well made about the face mask valve.

Even though I am well aware of why that valve is there, what you just said never even dawned on me :bang head:.

So, if it does not occur to those of us who understand the function of the valve, what does that say for those who have no idea.

I was reflecting on Memorial Day, about the label given to the generation before me "The Greatest Generation" how they overcame so much in terms of wars, depression and adversity. How we revere our few remaining veterans of WW2, my father was one, sadly he is gone. Aren't those veterans the exact demographic most vulnerable? If wearing a mask and social distancing helped save even one of them, wouldnt it be the greatest way to show them the respect they deserve? Our Vietnam Vets who were treated pretty poorly upon return from SE Asia, they are now battling all types of medical conditions, war related. Again the most vulnerable demographic, I try to shake their hands and Thank them, maybe a better way to Thank them would be to do my part in stopping the spread of this virus.

Anyway, thats what I was thinking about on Memorial Day, and thats why I do everything I can, to help the nurses and Drs that gave me 2.5more years with my wife and kids.

Craig

As A Viet Nam veteran I surely appreciate what you are saying. My Daughter did her 20 with Detroit Fire, and graduated nursing school the same year. both my girls hated my rules growing up. Its now saving their lives but for the Nurse. I worry for her every single day as she is my first born. The stuff she tells me about they way they are treated in michigan makes me wanna be stupid an pay em a visit from the Devils Past!. God Help Us all for sure Satan has cut loose his will upon mankind, divided we shall fall For we are no longer a United front but a pie sliced up and ready for eating.

We had one case where I work and my son had 2 cases where he works, one of them died.

It is now law in NY. to wear a mask when ever you enter any establishment. I have to wear one at work, if I see a customer without a mask a will walk a way from them. NO MASK NO HELP. As of today we can tell them to leave if not wearing a mask.

A point well made about the face mask valve.

Even though I am well aware of why that valve is there, what you just said never even dawned on me :bang head:.

So, if it does not occur to those of us who understand the function of the valve, what does that say for those who have no idea.

WOW that strikes! I was just in a meeting with a beautiful well defined bundle of curves (really all I could think about, she even made the 3M logo look hot) but ya man she had one with the valve! hmm:motorcyclehelmet: I forgive her already :178:

@bpate4home

Post 16 is full of contradictions, period.

WOW that strikes! I was just in a meeting with a beautiful well defined bundle of curves (really all I could think about, she even made the 3M logo look hot) but ya man she had one with the valve! hmm:motorcyclehelmet: I forgive her already :178:

bpate4home

Post 16 is full of contradictions, period.

Gee @Patch your such an understanding guy :178:

Gee Patch your such an understanding guy :178:

I know Eh Bum! You'd think I'd have it together dude but demdar Ladies full of confidence just knock me off my feet, Dude, especially the mature ones ;) guess I'll have to settle for the 30 & 40's jendre that still think they can tame a bad boy...:cool: