IGNORED

Just Curious

Yama Mama

Reading over the posts....I gotta say,...I still don't know anyone who's had it....or anyone who's been sick...or certainly anyone who's died from it.....and I know a lotta people..... Just sayin'

Our next door neighbor has had eight friends pass away from it. The youngest was 30 years old with no poor health history. I don't recall if she related the ages of the others as I was still thinking of the young person as she continued the conversation (my youngest kids are near that age). I don't doubt what she was saying as she has always been a very honest person.

Our next door neighbor has had eight friends pass away from it. The youngest was 30 years old with no poor health history. I don't recall if she related the ages of the others as I was still thinking of the young person as she continued the conversation (my youngest kids are near that age). I don't doubt what she was saying as she has always been a very honest person.

It may not be far fetched.

What she is explaining is her circle.

Lasted I checked there were 2.2 M. tested positive in the U.S. if among them there happen to be no super carriers then that number would read more like X 3 or 6.6 M. X 3 X 3......

If the virus holds course the death rate will become outrageous if, 100K U.S. does not already meet that requirement in the minds of some.

What surprised me in this thread is the comparison to flue stats or other non novel viruses.

We still have no idea the long term effects of this novel virus. We still are uncertain of what the antibodies found mean or if they provide immunity and if so for how long. We are only at the beginning of the effects found in children.

The science is still confusing to those trained experienced scientist. I view that as still needing time and, we need to buy them that time by amending or activity and social habits.

So as some of you know my X climbing/nato partner recently had a brain tumor removed; the followup treatment burned thru his large bowel causing a new problem which required emergency surgery. He was checked for covid 19 going in, not checked leaving, his family is now infected with the virus; which they found when he was sent back for another emergency surgery on the bowel!

In Canada the most infected province is Quebec which is where he is, you would think they would have checked him before leaving the first time yet they didn't, really ignorant thinking in this mans opinion. What would you consider is chances are now of surviving all of it?

Here in Alberta our safety code is quite strict all complaints are followup on. All trades here must meet practicals weather or not the tradesman is or isn't certified. How that is done is thru the Company charter which is libel if there is a safety violation; could be something like lack of specific course related only to their industry; it falls under "due diligence" Take @uncledj for example, on a roof top unit one Known issue is Pigeons and the waste they leave behind. Cleaning units may have what we consider a "safety hazard" so an assessment needs to be completed and risk needs to be managed before work commences, PPE would be listed, no service truck will not have the necessary PPE or one phone call could make for a miserable day not to mention expensive ;)

Lets not fall apart over this novel virus, for many of us it is still just an inconvenience but not for all of us. Is it possible that we just come together over this, get along and reach out to extend acceptance if not understanding?

Y'all know I enjoy a good debate but not rhetoric we are here to help one another not spread known falsities or - the wrong side will win by keeping us divided.

Just opinion of course

Reading over the posts....I gotta say,...I still don't know anyone who's had it....or anyone who's been sick...or certainly anyone who's died from it.....and I know a lotta people..... Just sayin'

You are a lucky guy, my wife lost 2 very close friends, one early 50s other early 60s and it was from the virus. This was early on, no one allowed to visit, no funeral, very sad for all involved. Probably why I feel alittle different about it.

Craig

My better half made a series of masks for us. 4 layers. 2 outer cloth layers and 2 inner cloth layers of a weave recommended by the CDC. Took her quite a while to make them, but they are comfortable, a bit warm though and should work as they were made to guidelines. And I know I'm breathing through them because they inflate/deflate as I breathe. No valves needed!

I wear in public going into stores, etc. I no longer wear gloves for 2 reasons: 1. The CDC still can't make up it's mind whether you can actually get the virus from touching a food package, etc.. 2: I carry a small bottle of antiseptic stuff and use it when I get out of store. Clean hands. Clean face. Good enough for me.

And with my allergies and susceptibility to lots of stuff, I'm a candidate that is concerned.

Just stay safe everyone...want to see those of you I've met again...and want to meet those of you I haven't!

:beer:

:biker:

OH..BTW, There are reusable/washable towelets out there and you can make your own kill germs solution. Just re-use one of the store bought containers after it's empty. Cool stuff...

Edited by videoarizona
add

I've had one friend (61) and a former customer (79) die. To my knowledge no one else in my circle has contracted the disease.

My wife has a usual get together with some other women Thursday nights, which stopped with the stay home order. Last night they ordered carry out from their usual restaurant and ate on the parking lot sitting in lawn chairs they took with them.:doh: One of the women works for a local hospital system that is running antibody tests and she tested positive. She thinks she probably had the disease in February when she had breathing issues, blood clots in her lungs and loss of taste and smell. At the time they had no idea what was wrong with her. Obviously she has recovered.

People dont know how to Be Still anymore. Most young people even some that are married dont half know each other and communicate by text. common sense aint common anymore. manners non existent. kids yelling at adults, adults talk at each other in public so bad you wouldnt know they live together. Up here where I am, an 82 yr ols deaf woman made a comment about being scared to go to the store as none of the employees wore a mask or gloves. She was ostracised on FB by pretty much everybody. One of the local meth heads threatened her and told her to leave town. As I read this I have to wonder what are they thinking?

With the riots etc going on, some of the locals dont speak to me anymore. One of them asked me if I was going to protest in Danforth about racism. REALLY??? People are just plain nuts anymore, Gimme some asphalt a couple tanks of gas so I can ride and not have to hear or participate in the lunacy. I grew up in rural America in the mid 50s and 60s. I dont remember having to deal with what Im seeing now. There were issues but not the whole friggin country. Its like all a sudden dont drink the water!!! So Its now 4