IGNORED

Headlight adjustments

Hey riders, hope everyone is well and staying safe...in all aspects.

Has anyone tried to adjust their headlight height? I can't find how to adjust it in the service or owner's manuals. I'm tired of being flashed, and they are about 10" higher than standard height at the 20' distance measurement.

simple quick way without getting too fussy on a level surface pull your bike right up to a wall or garage door. make mark were the center of the beam is brightest on the door or if there is a definite shadow line at the top edge of were the light hits the door. Back the bike up 25 feet and adjust the beam so either the center point of the bright spot of the beam or the shadow line which ever you decided to use is 4 inches below your original mark. This is not the most precise method but is the simplest and close enough for all intents and purposes. BTW best done with 2 people one siting on the bike and one marking the wall but with a little ingenuity can be done by one person.

If you really want o get fussy there is a method by which you draw a grid on the door etc but the rest of the procedure is pretty much the same as the quick method I just described.