IGNORED

2nd Gen...3D printer?

XV1100SE

When I've done maintenance on my 2009, take off the windshield...always wonder what it would look like/ride like with no windshield. Only thing is should have a filler plate to cover that area. Anyone with a 3D printer that has considered the same thing? Just curious.... This would be for riding in town...free flow of wind.

I have a 3D printer but I do not have a 2nd gen to measure to design the part that you need. If you can design it and it fits on my printer, then I can print it. My printer has a build volume of 300mm x 300mm x 300mm. It might have to be designed in 2 pieces.

The other option is to get a chunk of pink (or blue) foam insulation board from the local building supply store and carve out what you need. Then lay some glass cloth up on it and you can make a nice fiber-glass or carbon fiber cover to put in there that will be a lot stronger than a 3D printed part. There are lots of u-tube vids on how to do this.

Another way is to ask around no the forum if anyone has an old windshield that they replaced with something else.

Buy it and cut it down

Just a thought.

I have a 10inch and I love it. Going slow wind is in my chest and face. On the freeway it is at the top of my helmet

IMG_4004.jpg

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cut an old windshield down to about 4 inches, painted it all black and put it on my 06. The turbulence was awful at 50mph. It was not clean air! Only lasted about 15min. on my bike.

Craig

I guess it would depend to on what type of helmet you wear. If I remmeber you wear an 0pen face. With a closed face I can see some advantages such as better air flow through the helmet vents and better face shield clearing of rain water while riding in the rain. and then again I may be totally wrong on all accounts:confused24:

I have an OEM windscreen that has seen maybe 100km (60 miles). I also wear full face helmet.

Was just thinking that when I take the windscreen off to do maintenance the front end looks pretty neat.

I had a Bagger shield but wasn't satisfied with it. Don't think cutting a windscreen down would do it. Just wondered if anyone else thought the same way and had tried something.

Oh I thought the same way, bike really looks good without the windshield. I thought if I could get the same feeling as my Madura in the wind, but with the fairing taking the pressure off my chest, it would be perfect. The wind in my face was anything but clean air. In Pa. we are allowed to choose to wear a helmet or not. I dont wear one. Wearing a full face helmet may give you a better experience, cant answer that.

Craig

I have an OEM windscreen that has seen maybe 100km (60 miles). I also wear full face helmet.

Was just thinking that when I take the windscreen off to do maintenance the front end looks pretty neat.

I had a Bagger shield but wasn't satisfied with it. Don't think cutting a windscreen down would do it. Just wondered if anyone else thought the same way and had tried something.

What if you take your windshield to P&A plastics in Hamilton and ask them to make a duplicate of the bottom inch or two of your windshield. they can even do it in various tints. They make or duplicate plastic windshields for just about anything not to mention anything else you would like made in plastic.

I replaced the OEM on 7 of 9 with a 10" dark. I got tired of bobbing over/under the top lip and I think the 10" looks cooler...

I sit pretty tall in the saddle so always get a little buffeting but not to the point where it's annoying...

condorVW14.jpg