Greetings,

I bought my Star Venture (T/C) on Oc 23rd 2019, however the weather and Carona virus have limited my riding opportunties.

So I'm confused that now my trunk will not open, since I haven't had it for 9 months yet.

I've Locked / Unlocked it electronically

I've Locked / Unlocked it Manually

And I don't want to pry with a screwdriver for fear of scractching the paint or damaging the trunk.

Any suggestions....?

It is under warranty, I would call the dealer that you cot it from and see what they say.

Do you have a bunch of stuff in the trunk? on other bikes it has been known to happen where some trunk contents got tangled and jammed the latch.

• 3 weeks later...

Take it to the dealer and make it their problem. I had the same issue with the left saddle bag.

If the electronic mechanism malfunctions (retaining clip likes to pop off) the only way into the bag is with an air chisel or reciprocating saw (yes, they have to cut the locking mechanism out to open it). Since you should still be under warrantee Yamaha should provide the parts and labor.

Just don't do what the Baptist minister of our church did when he locked his keys in the trunk of his old chevy. He shot the lock out with his 12 gauge! I was a teenager at the time and couldn't believe it! That boy had a temper!

Is the trunk full of stuff or empty? 2nd Gen....if you overload it the plastic side flexes out a little bit. Push inwards on the side where the lock mechanism is or push the opposite side inwards and jiggle the lock back and forth while lifting the lid