IGNORED

2003 Star Venture in Lincoln Maine $3000

Bike appears to be very clean, crash bar reflectors missing on one side. Fuel gauge doesnt work needs a battery, has New Tires Pips are nice. Road it for about 35 to 45 minutes. Road it like I stole it, It ran nice, stopped for a mountain Dew, it started up straight away but the battery keeps going dead. Owner says Mice ate the Harness. Expensive to DIY?? He wants My Drag sled in a swap, 2010 YAMAHA NYTRO fX xtx, ITS ALL TRICKED OUT Long Track, my wholesale value is greater than his asking price so I dunno..

I really like this Bike and will get it if you guys think its worth a new harness.??

SOLD $2250 OUT THE DOOR GONE!

Star Venture2.jpg

Star Venture1.jpg

Star Venture.jpg

Star Venture3.jpg

Edited by Poppa Phill

This Bike is at a pawn shop. I figured out its charging issue and the fuel tank indicatir is wired backwards.

He sent me a text today and said he would take $2500 after I turned his price down do to needing a battery and the harness repaired.

Given that the Burgundy Lady is now up to Par Im thinking if its sitting there on Tuesday Im gonna go twist his arm a little bit.

its super clean and runs shifts very well, no leaks, Power band is as expected and the good rubber makes ya grin.

I want something lighter than the 87 for around here local stuff town to town, in state riding, Its lighter more maneuverable etc

and suits me without worry of having to pay a shop for repairs. Ive also heard that the 2000 to 2005 motors were not all that dependable but given

the Price now at $2500 and newer motor cost at less than a grand Im not gonna pass it up.

Ive got the Bug!.:happy-emoticon:

cant be to bad starts and runs. good price to me. have a 01 don't have any real mechanical problems other than lack of maintance.

Yepper she does all that just fine. My preference is for a raider but there are zero of them anywhere near me and I saw this one as I was on the way to pick up parts for the V Lady. I was surprised it was still there but then again, very very few people up here know how to fix anything = the bike is still for sale sooooooo...

If its there when I drive down Tuesday thats the end of it for that kinda change. I will List my 2010 Nytro mountain sled for sale and worry about coins on the back end or maybe just see if I can detune it to make it safe for Geriatric useage???

sled is stupid crazy fast. I learned how to ride the belt this past Feb. Absolutely INSANE!!!

Cmon Tuesday!

I don't know where you hard that the 2000 to 2005 motors were not that dependable. Totally not true. In fact, the motors are exactly the same from 1999 though the end of the run. I've seen several of them with over 100,000 miles and a couple with over 200,000 miles with no problems at all.

The 2003 Venture is over 80 lbs heavier than the 87 that you have now. But, with the lower seat height and I think wider front tire it isn't as tippy as the 87. I don't consider my 07 RSV to be top heavy. And the RSV is super comfortable.

The 2003 Venture is over 80 lbs heavier than the 87 that you have now. But, with the lower seat height and I think wider front tire it isn't as tippy as the 87. I don't consider my 07 RSV to be top heavy. And the RSV is super comfortable.

I had no idea it was heavier, It handled like it wasnt there, I mean I mad her Holler for me and she kepti it up.I bett Bitten an Smitten. The Bike is mine if its there Tuesday. afternoon, No Way Im passing it up at 2500. Not Gonna Happen..

when I left the place on the testy ride, I went to the gas station, Pulled the seat where the shade tree had wires, swapped 2 of em and grounded one and she started charging. on the way back I stopped and put it back like I found it. My Bike!:bikersmilie:

For 2500 bucks I would not think twice about buying that bike. I always thought that color combo was one of the best on the RSV. After you ride her a bit, she will become your new favorite bike I bet. Hope she is still there for you on tuesday and you make the deal, cant wait to hear how it works out.

Craig

For 2500 bucks I would not think twice about buying that bike. I always thought that color combo was one of the best on the RSV. After you ride her a bit, she will become your new favorite bike I bet. Hope she is still there for you on tuesday and you make the deal, cant wait to hear how it works out.

Craig

I spoke with him this morning, the shop is clised till Tuesday, we agread to do the dealk Tues Morning around 11am or lunch. I will be in his parking lot with my trailer!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

I spoke with him this morning, the shop is clised till Tuesday, we agread to do the dealk Tues Morning around 11am or lunch. I will be in his parking lot with my trailer!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Well, it's Wednesday! Did ya get it? :stickpoke:

Well, it's Wednesday! Did ya get it? :stickpoke:

She put on some fresh Panty Hose and hopped on the trailer gone for $2250.

Needs a front tire and weld the boot kick back on the stand. Based on the mouse damage I can fix the harness no problem.

Rode to the Veterans Memorial just outside downtown Lincoln Maine. Its wide open no traffic a great place to chill out and relax. I stop here everytime I pass this way.

svr1.jpg

svr2.jpg

You'll be happy with the buy. I had an '06 and it purred, always. I sold it last year for 3K when I got the 2018 SVTC. It had 105K miles on it. The only think it needed was a clutch lever adjustment.

From what I have seen, if the RSV is reasonably maintained, they wont bring any less than $3k with my purchase seaming to be status quo given its condition. Would have been nice not to need a front tire, but the first date is always gimy as hell with every used bike ive ever had. With the exception of my Road Star. I am still feeling around for either of the 2 and will jump at the chance if I come across em and can get a fair trade after I spruce up this RSV. she will be cleaned up all imperfections squared away and made as safe as she is beautiful!!

Ride ON!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Poppa Phil, How's that beautiful 2003 RSV running?

Its Been a Minute, too much mess going on locally and I havent had an opportunity to transfer files etc.

I swapped out the factory engine trim for Midnight Star Black, the front wheel as well. driving lamps ordered and also going to change out the sound system for a Syrius Radio with aux port.

Here she is, not freshly cleaned but getting there.

StarV3.jpg

StarV2.jpg

StarV1.jpg

......Snip

Here she is, not freshly cleaned but getting there.>

Why change out the radio? Use the AUX port the RSV already has and add to it.

How? Glad you asked...grins.

Open the fairing, add a "Y" connector to the Aux input and run a TRS 3.5mm cable out to wherever you are going to put the XM/Syrius and then just switch to the Aux port using the stock radio control and enjoy your tunes!

Here's a link to the last post I made. I added a mixer to handle all the inputs...so I can still use the stock radio/tape deck and have my XM and GPS.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?146166-Amplirider-2nd-Gen-and-others&p=1081191#post1081191

Edited by videoarizona
add link