IGNORED

Vent-luder conversion

Quick set of questions...

1. Has anyone removed the trunk from their 2018+ Venture? Was there any deformation of the fender or was it similar to the Eluder?

Reason I ask.... I have a friend who is a machinist. I am looking to purchase a Venture, but I love the Eluder as well. Plan would be to get tall backrest (quick release) and then we are going to look at fabrication to allow for the quick release hardware pegs to be utilized with the trunk, and one could have the bagger look with the power screen, and reverse.

2. As I am looking to purchase a Venture.... is there any concern from current owners regarding parts and warranty of the bike if (which will probably not happen) the line were discontinued...or is this just me being "chicken little" in my concern?

3. Lastly, really would like an honest assessment of the technology in the infotainment. It has been mentioned it is "clunky" or confusing, etc. But most of that information comes from ride reviews of people who do not own the bike. So is it clunky and "not so polished" or is it that there are so many "user configs" that you can set up that it initially seems that way, but once a user has personalized it to their config it works great?

Thanks to you all for taking time to read and respond! I am super excited to get the answers as it will really add merit to my decision to purchase, what I believe is a great machine by the looks of it.

Respectfully,

A soon to be convert to the "tuning fork" coming from a Triumph....

From what I've seen on many forums and board is that the trunk cannot be removed as there are a ton of electronics under it. I have not tried to remove it nor have I seen one with the trunk removed. Would I like to do that, Yes absolutely, I love the look of the Eluder but I wanted the other amenities that the SVTC provided. The Eluder would be great for my daily commute.

As far as parts, I would not be too concerned there. While there seems to be a bump in the start in the US and we did not have the 2019 here I believe it was elsewhere and there are 2020's in the US.

For the info system, I have no complaints. It took me some time to find everything but once I settled in no issues at all. I access most everything without looking, including shield and heater adjustments. It can do a lot compared to other bikes I've owned, it just took time to use it. The GPS does seem to be limited based on the forums but I don't use it much at all.

@bpate4home

Thanks so much for the response. I have been freeze framing, and zooming in on pictures to try and see what if anything is under the trunk. LOL. The local dealership here is just now open again, so I will have to go by there and stick my head under it and really take a look. Perhaps I just go with the Eluder, but I cannot get away from wanting that adjustable screen, and the sure-park...while I used to parking a bike the "correct" way....sure would come in handy that one time I forget!

Good to hear about the infotainment center. That is what I was thinking...that it has to do with learning the system vs. the actual usability on whole.

The dealership near me has a non-Transcontinental version of the Venture. Perhaps without all the wiring for the speakers, etc. my dream of Eludering a Venture could come true.

I vow this....if I AM able to figure a way, and if my friend and I are able to machine a quality adapter/setup for quick release I will definitely post pictures, and will provide schematics.

I forgot about seeing that Thread. Based on the look of the Eluder back seat I wonder if most of that cabling is tucked under there? That could make it doable. I have not seen an Eluder with the seat off. The Fender would definitely need some work but . . . . . This may be fun to watch.

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, Richard75013 said:

Did anyone get further on this? It looks like we would just need a new eluder seat, eluder antanna mounts and to remove the trunk and it’s support brackets.

cc @bpate4home @ELSmitty 

@Richard75013  Did you see the thread with the instructions I posted with Tu Nguyen @Tutor?  The Brackets should not need to be removed if I remember right.  Tu used an Eluder seat and it covered all the plugs. I was trying to do a quick connect but while it worked he does not recommend that level of modification. I've tagged him here also. 

Thank you @bpate4home!!!!! 

I’ll check it out, I pulled the parts diagram on that area for both and it looks totally doable. The seat part number is different by the last digit from 0 for the Eluder to a 1 for the SVTC and I’m guessing that’s the heat. Looking at the back of the seat I might need a curved fab cover to close the gap on the back of the SVTC seat to the outer fender to make it look nice as I want to keep the heated seat on if possible but I’ll def read that link so thanks again!!!

8 hours ago, Richard75013 said:

Thank you @bpate4home!!!!! 

I’ll check it out, I pulled the parts diagram on that area for both and it looks totally doable. The seat part number is different by the last digit from 0 for the Eluder to a 1 for the SVTC and I’m guessing that’s the heat. Looking at the back of the seat I might need a curved fab cover to close the gap on the back of the SVTC seat to the outer fender to make it look nice as I want to keep the heated seat on if possible but I’ll def read that link so thanks again!!!

I'm not sure about the heat elements in an Eluder seat but that seat does cover that gap. It would be interesting to do a 3D printed cover/case for the open pug area.  It still might look a little off.