IGNORED

87 Royale Carbs

Same Idea except I replaced the old fuse holder and put my block in the same place were the old one used to be.

That is exactly what I want to do. I had it all out yesterday whjen I cleaned up the ends to the plug wires which Im going to replace Payday, they are too short and too tight, no slack left. It should be here by tuesday and its not soon enough, nice looking work!

BTW not to dispute anything posted here as they are all good comments. I just want to point out that it is not uncommon for these bikes to be a bit temperamental when you 1st attempt to start them up after sitting for a spell. I have many times taken the air cleaner off to find sticky barrels were I will wet them with seafoam or carb cleaner and then carefully reach down with a long screw and gently move them. the starting issue were it will only start on closed throttle and die when yo open it also will occur but fades as the bike warms up. Once I get it warm enough will run enough to get the bike moving I ride the bike staying in the higher RPMs 1st just riding around the block in 1st gear then adding gears as the bike starts run better. Finally after a good run the bike just seems to clear up and run normally firing up each and every time at the touch of the starter etc. I seem to go thorough this every other spring or so depending on how long the bike sits but then I do not go through a whole storage procedure when I park the bike for the winter. I just cover it and leave it sit outside under the cover until spring. sometimes I may add seafoam and sometimes I won't. the winters I don't seem to be the ones were I have to fuss more in the spring.

This past winter I added 1/2 a can of seafoam to a 1/4 full tank of fuel and ran it until it started to smoke then shut her down. then I topped the fuel tank off with super gas from a Jerry can.. This spring other than smoking like heck for the 1st little while she fired right up no issues.

Again just food for thought not a fix.

Being from the Lake Erie Region of ohio, we treated Bikes just like the boats, run the gas out then fog or add prep fuel ethanol free to the tank and cover em up. being inside the Lake effect sow belt we never knew what winter wold bring just that it was always Bad,

Thanks For the tips, Its Been a long time since I had a Bike and took a long time to remember what little I have to get her running again thanks to the bunch of ya !!

First Let me thank all ofyou for such awesome advice!

I took the Lady out yesterday. Before leaving I backed off the idle speed screw and Im thinking shes back almost to factory. shes sitting right at 1000 or so.

Cant wait for the sync setup to get here. I took Her to town about 12 miles to see how she would run. well shes running good enough to have new issues, Clutch slippage under power. While she has great power nothing lacking, Now its to the point where if i twist it and not in the mid to high area of a gear she just slides it off. less noticable if im in the upper speed area of a gear.

Oil is Motorcycle oil Nappa. Due to the age of the Bike ive decided to do the clutch pack even if its just oil so It will something else I can put behind me. Talking with My sister in NY she says Im late so I gotta go and I would really like to Take the lady for that run. questions?

1. what Brand Clutch Pack? Do we have a seller we support for this?

2. What is best Oil to use for the Gen 1?I got nappa because the nearest cycle supply with oil less than $10 qt E is 140 miles away. Maybe again order online from a designated source?

3. Cup and Cell phone holder? any recommendations. will only be for a water bottle but I like durable stuff.

4. Fuse holder replacement ordered amazon Per advice.

5. soft bag accessories aka tank bib etc so I dont have to hit the hard bags everytime I need something small?

6. Chrome engine covers? Chrome vrs powerder coating? Chrome = Heat retention in certain places, to chrome or not to chrome? I want her looking good Paint an Body work to happen over the winter. Im a Fiberglass addict as I used to repair vets, I despise bondo because of it even though its great in its place.

My few cents for lack of sense. reson I dont have any Sense an cents is I left the change on the counter at the gas station.. Bummer.

Brand of oil? Anything that is MC wet clutch rated. What are you trying to do, start a war on oil recommendations??? It might happen, lots of opinions.

Chroming? You could, but it's not cheap, or ask @Evan if he wants to sell the chrome covers off his 86. What I did was to remove all the covers, strip all he clearcoat off and then buffed and polished them. Each spring they would get a cleaning with Magic Cloth and 10 years later they still look good.

Might ask @Skydoc if he sells clutch plates?

... What are you trying to do, start a war on oil recommendations??? ...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] so true, no matter what the forum is and what the vehicle is, oil discussion always bring out the flame throwers! [emoji91]

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

We talked last evening in chat about the miss and the weak spark. Based on that event we then talked about ignition duration.

So, power come from the heat expansion, the faster and closer you are to TDC the more responsive the throttle action, right.

Now if you add Seafoam and you use Supper what can we conclude about ignition duration? hmm

Good Afternoon.. I ended up stripping everything off the front end to have a good look at things. likely should have done it when the snow melted but with my brain fried i casnt remember what I did check.

What I found, Cooling hoses barely tight enough to keep them on allowing almost all of them to weep.

heat shields above the cam covers not there front or rear, Cover removed and not replaced ? of they were omitted from this model year?

Lots of fender washers holding nuts that used to be on keepers and body clamp nuts, all missing from radiator etc.

remover from cam cover and all lobes appear to be ok. removed the decor plate that covers the little freeze plugs and it popped out on the ground at my knees giving me a free antifreeze shower. I forgot to bring soap an towel..

So Ive got a ton of keepers to buy not duct taping this bike back together. going to go ahead and remove the carbs and drop that one from the frame as all the others are running fine. that plug was dry cylinder firing, no heat, no smoke = no fuel I used a plug from the Honda to verify it since i didnt have a spare. Honda VT1100 uses same plug as the Venture xvz1300 go figure..

No parades for me to day. Im gonna try and chill out so as not to feed this thing to my Norma mag....

Theres a sucker born every minute I was just born when I bought this bike. All My Bad.

Thanks Guys for all the tips and assists in going through this. I will try to remember and aspply all of to the repair list which now requires a budget and management officials approval.

Burgundy Lady will get new Heels and tight skirt etc. She will be back on the dance floor!

Good Afternoon.. I ended up stripping everything off the front end to have a good look at things. likely should have done it when the snow melted but with my brain fried i casnt remember what I did check.

What I found, Cooling hoses barely tight enough to keep them on allowing almost all of them to weep.

That's normal, just tighten them.

heat shields above the cam covers not there front or rear, Cover removed and not replaced ? of they were omitted from this model year?

Most will leave these off for all the good they do.

Lots of fender washers holding nuts that used to be on keepers and body clamp nuts, all missing from radiator etc.

Plastifix works wonders,, better than fiberglass. It binds better and has better flex, and easier to work with.

remover from cam cover and all lobes appear to be ok. removed the decor plate that covers the little freeze plugs and it popped out on the ground at my knees giving me a free antifreeze shower. I forgot to bring soap an towel..

So Ive got a ton of keepers to buy not duct taping this bike back together. going to go ahead and remove the carbs and drop that one from the frame as all the others are running fine. that plug was dry cylinder firing, no heat, no smoke = no fuel I used a plug from the Honda to verify it since i didnt have a spare.

Do them all so you know they are all good to go. Just make sure when to put them back together into their frame that you have them sitting perfectly flat on a flat surface.

Honda VT1100 uses same plug as the Venture xvz1300 go figure..

No parades for me to day. Im gonna try and chill out so as not to feed this thing to my Norma mag....

Theres a sucker born every minute I was just born when I bought this bike. All My Bad.

Thanks Guys for all the tips and assists in going through this. I will try to remember and aspply all of to the repair list which now requires a budget and management officials approval.

Burgundy Lady will get new Heels and tight skirt etc. She will be back on the dance floor!

Don't feel too badly suckered,, just look at as getting intimately acquainted with a new love.

​All connections should be cleaned and inspect for over heated wiring, check the relays there that they too are clean and secured.

Do not over tighten the clamps or they will cut thru.

Someone was looking to save weight ;) too bad about the shields.

remover from cam cover and all lobes appear to be ok. Got a feeler gauge?

removed the decor plate that covers the little freeze plugs and it popped out on the ground at my knees giving me a free antifreeze shower. There are two lock pins one per plug, if not the you will need them.

I forgot to bring soap an towel. WELL THAT"S JUST WRONG!!

So Ive got a ton of keepers to buy not duct taping this bike back together. Cheaper than a diamond ring!!

going to go ahead and remove the carbs and drop that one from the frame as all the others are running fine. that plug was dry cylinder firing, no heat, no smoke = no fuel ZERO fuel? that's an easy one, can only be one thing, don't want to spoil the hunt but you'll know by the time it's out! Make it the first thing you check;)

CHOP CHOP you aint getting any prettier...

Did you still have the coolant leak?

Nope, drained it all down till dry. cover plate was loose. cleaned it all dryed it all off, just a tad of silicon around it and put it back together.

zim guessing it will hold as it fell out in my hand when i took that cover off.

Gonna be a minute, carbs are on the bench..

Nope, drained it all down till dry. cover plate was loose. cleaned it all dryed it all off, just a tad of silicon around it and put it back together.

zim guessing it will hold as it fell out in my hand when i took that cover off.

Gonna be a minute, carbs are on the bench..

Those plates hold the coolant plugs in place as well and there should be a screw in the middle of the plate to fasten it in place.

Those plates hold the coolant plugs in place as well and there should be a screw in the middle of the plate to fasten it in place.

cleaned it all up, made sure system was drained enough to keep the hole dry. put some silicon on the plug and re installed it.

It should stay in place and secure. will pop the cover back on in the morning.

On to the bad Carb!!..

Anyone have a link for proper Carb Kits. the sets I got from amazon were for a much smaller set of carbs, the vacum diaphragms were 1/2 in too small in diameter. sucks..

im all ears and about to go get a vmax motor an be done withit, gittin on my last nerve!!!!!