IGNORED

She don't know she's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

cowpuc

Lookin for somethin to do there Buckeye? Keep us posted on your progress and we'll advise you on the way,,,,,:whistling:

Heyyy,, I ain't no Buckeye!!! :missingtooth:,, cant ya see the flag in the upper right hand corner there!! :think: Aint much of a mechanically inclined Wolverine either so, yeah,, you and those guru's you hang out with hang around here,, I may need to pick your brain some brother!! :happy34:

Edited by cowpuc

That's 100% cool. The only bike that ever scared me was a ~49 Indian my uncle had. Rode it when I was 16 and fearless but that suicide shifter going into 3rd was hellacious. I wish I would have gotten that off him before he sold it but alas I was young and ignorant at the time.

that will be a fun project. I tryed to buy a 57 indian but couldnt find a place to store or work on it. Think about that bike alot. Looks like you have had this a while. Have you seen the new guns that remove rust without touching steel? I'm jealous.:12101:

First thing I would do is find out what I have and what I don't have.

Then I would separate them into what can be used and what needs to be replaced. Lists, lists lists!

Then you should buy my home made sand/bead blaster to get all that rust and primer offen those parts.

Good luck on the resto, it should be great.

Bubber

OK.... I'm in. What the heck did it start it's life as?? Indian? Henderson?? Heck Wadda I know..... :think:[/quotef

THANKS FOR YOUR SHARED INTEREST BROTHER:thumbsup:!! That is greatly appreciated by another member of what seems to be a disappearing breed.

It's what remains of a 1941 Indian Chief Jack. Unlike the smaller Indian Scouts of those times (who shared similar cubic inches/cc's with that of my 42 War bike = 750cc) the Chief sported a 1200cc flat head as I am sure you already knew from viewing the pics. There are lots of wayyyyyy cool pieces/parts involved here,, at least to my easily entertained, unknowledgable worn out eyes.. Being an old chopper guy and having built from left over parts thru the years,, I find myself always intriqued by this type of fork assembly.. I guess its just some kind of infantile, visually stimulated something inside of me that causes this but,, IMHO,, the more exposed moving parts just cranks me up.. I have never ever been much of one to appreciated bling or even modern electronic gizmoes much when it comes to my personal live long love addiction with motorcycles BUT,, expose the workings of a fork assembly or,, get this,, show me the exposed valve train of an early HD and I just go nuts with joy :missingtooth:

See why my parents disowned me as a child and knew I would never grow up? :big-grin-emoticon:

DSCN0134.JPGDSCN0110.JPGDSCN0128.JPGDSCN0126.JPG

I hear ya Puc. Not many of us left... I went out and patted 7 of 9 on the butt, and got to thinkin'..which is mighty dangerous.. I just became a 7'T'9 myself on Monday... Damn that's old...but lots of good times!!

'07RSV7of9 003 (Medium).jpg

'07RSV7of9 001 (Medium).jpg

Edited by Condor

I hear ya Puc. Not many of us left... I went out and patted 7 of 9 on the butt, and got to thinkin'..which is mighty dangerous.. I just became a 7'T'9 myself on Monday... Damn that's old...but lots of good times!!

LOL Love the 7 of 9 name and the Plate. The fact you got her to sign the bike too! That's awesome. If I did something like that I wouldn't make it to 7T9. The wife would kill me herself.

LOL Love the 7 of 9 name and the Plate. The fact you got her to sign the bike too! That's awesome. If I did something like that I wouldn't make it to 7T9. The wife would kill me herself.

Thanks!! It helps when her dad was the previous owner. Pop-Pop used to be a member here a while back and very active in PGR. I think he was the socal PGR Prez for a while... So when I bought the bike I asked him if Jeri would autograph it for me. And she did... She even posted it on her Facebook Page... :-)

PS: Sorry for the Hi-Jack Puc... We really need to see videos of the project... Love dem oldies...

Edited by Condor