IGNORED

Is Rally at the Shores still on?

uncledj

We have not cancelled it YET! This is still May and a lot of things can change in short order of time. If we cancelled today then we might decide that by the first of June it would be alright to have it anyways and then by the first of July discover that it's no longer possible. I think we are waiting for the first of July to show up and make our decision. Does that all make sense?

We have not cancelled it YET! This is still May and a lot of things can change in short order of time. If we cancelled today then we might decide that by the first of June it would be alright to have it anyways and then by the first of July discover that it's no longer possible. I think we are waiting for the first of July to show up and make our decision. Does that all make sense?

Yup, makes sense to me. Ill stay here for now and keep waiting. What else do I have to do, oh yes wait some more. How hard is that. Waiting is a skill I have, so I won't complain.

John:

New York is using a four phase system to re-open the State. Phase 1 is starting May 15th and openings will generally follow the areas of the state by region. The Shores Campground is in the Western NY region and each region will need to hit certain goals to allow businesses to open, by phases. Campgrounds are in Phase 4 and none of the regions meet the criteria to open at Phase 4 level. About 2/3 of the regions meet the Phase 1 level and will open certain businesses on May 15th. Unfortunately, Niagara County (where the campground is located) has not met the criteria for Phase 1. So, basically, there are no answers for a timeline for re-opening Niagara County. The chamber of Commerce in Niagara County may be able to give better answers than I have given here. It may be useful to e-mail them as to their plans to open their private campgrounds this summer.

Jim

I am all good with the play it by ear / wait & see strategy

Yup, makes sense to me. Ill stay here for now and keep waiting. What else do I have to do, oh yes wait some more. How hard is that. Waiting is a skill I have, so I won't complain.
Does this skill come from years of stake outs not to be confused with steak outs the later being more of a retirement thing I would guess.

John:

New York is using a four phase system to re-open the State. Phase 1 is starting May 15th and openings will generally follow the areas of the state by region. The Shores Campground is in the Western NY region and each region will need to hit certain goals to allow businesses to open, by phases. Campgrounds are in Phase 4 and none of the regions meet the criteria to open at Phase 4 level. About 2/3 of the regions meet the Phase 1 level and will open certain businesses on May 15th. Unfortunately, Niagara County (where the campground is located) has not met the criteria for Phase 1. So, basically, there are no answers for a timeline for re-opening Niagara County. The chamber of Commerce in Niagara County may be able to give better answers than I have given here. It may be useful to e-mail them as to their plans to open their private campgrounds this summer.

Jim

Being in a tourist area may effect how this plays out as well and then for us Kanuckians (as cowpuc likes to refer to us) there is the cross border issue that may or may not play into it.

Ben:

If you are bored and need some reading material, here is the list of businesses able to open under Phase 1 of NYS opening phases, on May 15th:

Retail

Note: Open only for delivery and curbside pickup

• Clothing stores
  • Direct selling establishments
  • Electronics and appliance stores
  • Electronic shopping and mail-order houses
  • Furniture and home furnishing stores
  • Florists
  • General merchandise stores
  • Health and personal care stores
  • Jewelry, luggage, and leather goods stores
  • Lawn and garden equipment and supplies stores
  • Office supplies, stationery, and gift stores
  • Used merchandise stores
  • Shoe stores
  • Sporting goods, hobby, musical instrument and book stores
  • Other miscellaneous store retailers

Construction

• Building equipment contractors
  • Building finishing contractors
  • Foundation, structure, and building exterior contractors
  • Highway, street and bridge construction
  • Land subdivision
  • Nonresidential building construction
  • Residential building construction
  • Utility system construction

Agriculture, forestry, fishery and hunting

• Greenhouse, nursery and floriculture production
  • Other animal production
  • Other crop production
  • Support activities for animal production
  • Support activities for crop production
  • Support activities for forestry

Manufacturing

• Apparel manufacturing
  • Computer and electronic product manufacturing
  • Electric lighting equipment manufacturing
  • Fabricated metal product manufacturing
  • Furniture and related product manufacturing
  • Leather and allied product manufacturing
  • Machinery manufacturing
  • Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing
  • Paper manufacturing
  • Petroleum and coal products manufacturing
  • Plastics and rubber products manufacturing
  • Printing and related support activities
  • Textile mills
  • Textile product mills
  • Wood product manufacturing
  • Other miscellaneous manufacturing

Wholesale trade

• Apparel, piece goods, and notions merchant wholesalers
  • Chemical and allied products merchant wholesalers
  • Furniture and home furnishing merchant wholesalers
  • Household appliances and electrical and electronic goods merchant wholesalers
  • Machinery, equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers
  • Metal and mineral (except Petroleum) merchant wholesalers
  • Paper and paper product merchant wholesalers
  • Professional and commercial equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers
  • Wholesale electronic markets and agents and brokers
  • Miscellaneous durable goods merchant wholesalers
  • Miscellaneous non-durable goods merchant wholesalers

Here is the broad list for Phases 2 thru 4:

Phase 2: Professional services; finance and insurance; in-person retail; administrative support; and real estate, rental and leasing.

Phase 3: Restaurants and food services

Phase 4: Arts, entertainment, and recreation; and education

As you can see campgrounds fall under Phase 4 and here is where Niagara County falls in the metrics for opening under the different Phases:

[h=2]Western New York[/h]Counties: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Niagara

Major cities: Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Jamestown

Metrics met: 5/7 for Phase 1

What's missing?: Home to Buffalo, the state's second-largest city, Western New York needs to decrease its total hospitalizations and daily COVID-19 hospital deaths to qualify for reopening.

The three-day average of total hospitalizations had increased in Western New York on Wednesday. Deaths had declined for four consecutive days, well under the required 14.

Your reading assignment for today is to read all of this and then you will be fully informed on whether or not you can camp in NY.

Your welcome!!!

Jim :big-grin-emoticon: :bang head:

I am all good with the play it by ear / wait & see strategy

Does this skill come from years of stake outs not to be confused with steak outs the later being more of a retirement thing I would guess.

Being in a tourist area may effect how this plays out as well and then for us Kanuckians (as cowpuc likes to refer to us) there is the cross border issue that may or may not play into it.

What???? and @Marcarl said I was a SD!!!:stirthepot::witch_brew: :rasberry:

That was a long read Jim,,I had to take a second look as to who posted it,,, thought for a minute that Bum was really getting up on American happenings,, but then I realized it was you,, and so understood.

Just saying............