IGNORED

SVTC D/S tire size

I need a rear tire already at 11000km I'll be lucky to get another 2000km while risking my neck on a blowout. I've absolutely had it with over priced bike tires especially for this bike at probably 400.00 installed to go almost no where for the money spent.

I think I want the Dunlop Run Flat but is it the 205/55R/16, 55 or 60 series? The speedometer is faster so correction is welcome. Anybody want to share experience using a car tire on this bike? I know the goldwing guys use car tires but I dont have a wing

Thanks in advance

JR

--

The GoldWing takes the exact same tires as the Eluder/Venture, so any info there is good here. I use the Bridgestone Driveguard Run Flat in a 205/55-16 and have 18,000 miles on it. It should go to about 26,000 with the amount of tread on it. It puts my speedometer exactly right on based on my gps. Would use it again.

Fits fine without any mods other than with the tow bar from Rivco that needed some shaving of bracket in one corner.

--

--

The GoldWing takes the exact same tires as the Eluder/Venture, so any info there is good here. I use the Bridgestone Driveguard Run Flat in a 205/55-16 and have 18,000 miles on it. It should go to about 26,000 with the amount of tread on it. It puts my speedometer exactly right on based on my gps. Would use it again.

Fits fine without any mods other than with the tow bar from Rivco that needed some shaving of bracket in one corner.

--

This is the ticket (experience) I was looking for... as a first timer I'm a little uncertain of the confidence at higher speed and corners but if you have that many miles on this new model bike then I'll give it a shot. If a guy thinks for less than 2 seconds about the death wobble I think it's pretty plain to see that if you put a 7 or 8 inch tire on a 3.5 or 4 inch rim something bad is going to happen. These bikes have a 5 inch rim so I won't expect worse handling than a back bike tire wore flat down the middle.

Thanks

JR

• 3 weeks later...