IGNORED

Valve timing RSC, RSV, V-Max.

BokoFF

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, Just finding this post as I am kinda new here as well. are you refering to what we call Camshaft Degree? that offsets TDC settings?

You might wanna move this post into a particular year category, this particular forum area doesnt get a lot of traffic. I for one cannot answer that questiong as I have not as of yet had to install a cam on any of the V4 engines, Just the 1100 inline 4s.

Peace.

I'm thinking your forum is correct. I am also thinking that there is very little call for such a request, seeing as there is very little reason for anyone of us to ever have to get into the engine that far. If anyone can assist it might be @Patch, or maybe @Flyingfool or @Prairehammer. They should respond shortly maybe.

It always helps us to know what bike you have.

The cam timing on these bikes is not adjustable, other than by full tooth increments on the cam chain sprocket. An adjustment in either direction will make for very poor running and possible interference between the valves and piston.

There is a timing mark on the crank and a timing mark on each cam that must be lined up. there is a separate set of marks and separate chain for the front and rear set of cylinders.

As for diagrams, you can find those in the service manual which is located in the library on this site.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?12-Technical-Library-Read-Only

Hi been a busy weekend..

Anyways if I were to guess I think you might be looking of duration and overlap?

If I were stuck with a comparison puzzle then likely I would take the specs of each look in the back of the manuals, dived the cams in half then compare from each center only the such as total lift, that's the easy one then half the estimated duration!

Remember as you build your models that one change likely will call more robust units/parts to follow and absorb the increases of cam swapping.

Also keep in mind that everything you mod for revolves around air induction, so consider the porting as well, or you could end up with too high/low velocities, which will effect negatively the filling %'s..

Keep us in the loop, it is interesting stuff providing you have a base engine which can handle it!