IGNORED

Royal Star Fault Codes

Hi, I posted this in the general forum because I am un-savvy about message boards. I have a 1999 Royal Star Boulevard, a stripped down version of my 2008 Venture. It starts fine, idles fine but when I twist the throttle it dies. Sounds like maybe a fuel issue. I was reading a thread from 2014 where a guy, (Winddancer?) had the same problem, except. ...The green check engine light on my bike blinks 8 times and then goes off for a few seconds, blinks and goes off, blinks and goes off. I have been trying to figure out what the fault codes are for this bike and have and no luck, either online or in any of the manuals I have found. Anyone have any ideas?

If this is the same as for the Venture, the fuel pump is a weakness. Didn't know it would throw a code though (perhaps not on the Venture).

Often is is only the points in the rear of the fuel pump that are fairly easy to change out. Do a search in the tech section if you find this is your issue. Procedures and sources for 'points' are listed.

RR