IGNORED

1999 RSV fuel pump replacement recomendations

My fuel pump is starting to work intermittently, electrical side is good. Any thoughts or recomendations on which fuel pump to buy for a replacement would be greatly appreciated. My thoughts, Facet, Posi flow, with check valve, solid state, no moving parts and can accept adidtives and alcohol based fuel, 2.5 - 4 lbs pressure with more than adequate gph. 1.6 amps/hr

Thanks in advance for your help

Mike

My fuel pump is starting to work intermittently, electrical side is good. Any thoughts or recomendations on which fuel pump to buy for a replacement would be greatly appreciated. My thoughts, Facet, Posi flow, with check valve, solid state, no moving parts and can accept adidtives and alcohol based fuel, 2.5 - 4 lbs pressure with more than adequate gph. 1.6 amps/hr

Thanks in advance for your help

Mike

Try replacing the points first.

VentureFuelPumpPoints.jpg

If you have to go electronic, Facet 40178

Facet40178FuelPump.jpg

I did a Mr.Gasket pump. Some worry about the check valve thing. If you can afford it the Facet is a good alternative. Only advantage it has of the MG is a check vavle. I always shut my petcock off at end of day so It wasnt a huge deal for me. Make sure the vent tube is open before you go to far.