IGNORED

Leaking out of overflow tube

Hey trying to troubleshoot my friends 2006 venture. It leaks gas out of carb overflow tube which comes from left side carbs alot! Took carbs out looked at floats measured, looked at seats see to look and work well. Put back together and still does same thing. Should I just tell him we need to put kit in and see if that works, or is there something else going on, would appreciate some advice.

There isn't a carb overflow tube. There are vent tubes that should be routed up near the radiator. Is this where the fuel is dumping from? If that's where it's coming from there there is one or more float bowls over filling.

Float bowls overfilling can be caused by:

• Mis-adjustment
  • Bad float needle and/or valve
  • Leaking around the float valve
  • Sticking float
  • A crack in the carburetor body.

I check overfilling problems by removing the carburetors, remove the float chamber covers, invert the carburetors and blow (by mouth, not compressor) into the fuel inlet. Spray some soapy water around to help find any leaks.

If the fuel is running down at the carburetors it's likely to be something else.

I wouldn't throw kits at it until I understood exactly where the problem was. The kits won't necessarily have the part needed for a fix.

There isn't a carb overflow tube. There are vent tubes that should be routed up near the radiator. Is this where the fuel is dumping from? If that's where it's coming from there there is one or more float bowls over filling.

Float bowls overfilling can be caused by:

• Mis-adjustment
  • Bad float needle and/or valve
  • Leaking around the float valve
  • Sticking float
  • A crack in the carburetor body.

I check overfilling problems by removing the carburetors, remove the float chamber covers, invert the carburetors and blow (by mouth, not compressor) into the fuel inlet. Spray some soapy water around to help find any leaks.

If the fuel is running down at the carburetors it's likely to be something else.

I wouldn't throw kits at it until I understood exactly where the problem was. The kits won't necessarily have the part needed for a fix.

Sorry mispoke, it is leaking from right side vent tube, which comes from left side carbs. I guess I'll take it out again and try what you said. Try cleaning seat better, them run some seafoam through it, thanks for reply 😁

MiCarl is correct.

Whn you find that one leaking take a small drop of tooth paste to the tip of the needle and then insert it back in and lap it like a valve for a few seconds, clean it well with WD try the blow test again.

It may save you waiting on a kit ;)

PS you can use a small tubing to extend your grip

• 1 month later...