IGNORED

Siriusxm Radio Suggestions

Any suggestions for a Siriusxm radio to add to my RSV?

I'm not going to suggest a particular model, but suggest you get what fits your fingers, your handlebars and your wallet. I mounted my radio on left handlebar, antenna on right. Wired 12 volts to cig lighter inside fairing on left side using patch cable. Audio out goes to a "Y" connector into the "Aux" input inside fairing on right side center. Member Steve K M61A1MECH makes 12 volt harnesses to patch/add things to. Recommended!

Let me get some coffee and I'll find some pics.

(time passes)

This is what my view looks like. Yamaha controller on left. To the right is the XM radio. On other side is the GPS and behind that you can barely see the black round stubbie antenna for the XM..

20180508_153522.jpg

Here you can see part of Steve's patch cable to the right of my hand. Looks like a mess, but is a clean, plug and play patch for the 12volts to power the XM radio and Garmin. What I'm holding in my hand are the 2 extra leads for another patch cable from Steve that is running my LED marker lights and my Aux fog lights. Heck, half my bike is wired with his patches...which makes my life so much easier as everything is plug and play!

20180508_153853.jpg

I tried various places for the antenna. Liked inside the fairing...but signal kept getting lost when riding North! So outside on bars it went.

I bought the antenna, power cradle and radio from XM. They just announced some new stuff a few days ago...Motorcycle specific. I haven't gone to look as I'm happy with what I have.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Thought I'd try some pics of the audio Y connector. It's hard to see but will give you an idea of where the Aux cable gets connected to the Clarion Radio.

This is what the aux cable looks like that goes to the little 3mm jack inside the cassette door. It is a tiny black cable. The connector is to the left of my fingers. Unplug that, add a Y cable to one side, then connect the XM audio out to the other side.

20160827_083045.jpg

This is where I ran the XM radio cable...it is zip tied to the radio frame area directly below the windshield...my fingers are holding that cable.

20160827_084613.jpg

hope this helps...

Edited by videoarizona
get coffee then add pics, add more pics