IGNORED

06 RSV Cruise Control Issue / Question

So my Cruise control isn't working. This is new, it was pretty reliable before. Now, the "On" light comes on but then nothing, no other lights etc. I do the the 2 quick flashes with the break repeating ... so that says vacuum pump.

I am asking if anyone has any experience with this? Is it 100% the vac pump before I start taking the faring off? Is there anything else I should try and kick or hit with a hammer or something??

I see one for $17 on Ebay, so maybe I should just grab that... not sure.

Any input will help.

thanks

Mike

Edited by Mad Dog
Lawd ... I can't type!!!

Make sure that all of the shut off switches are not sticking. Clutch, front/rear brake and cancel switch on the right handle bar. Make sure clutch and front brake levers are returning completely when released.

So my Cruise control isn't working. This is new, it was pretty reliable before. Now, the "On" light comes on but then nothing, no other lights etc. I do the the 2 quick flashes with the break repeating ... so that says vacuum pump.

No, that is not how the manual says to check the cruise control system. The throttle drive/vacuum pump on a RSV is checked by the following method. The manual is available on here (this site) and there is a good auto-check routine available in the book to check the entire cruise system, switches and all. The one thing the auto-check method will not tell you is if the vacuum tube from the pump to the actuator is bad. That one you have to inspect yourself.

cruise.jpg

No, that is not how the manual says to check the cruise control system.

Interesting, thank you. I saw the flashes and looked them up in the book, but maybe they weren't indicating what I thought. I'm going to step through everything.

Here's what I saw originally:

The flash pattern and the fault code.

2 FLASHES.png

FAULT.png

I'll check back in after I try the troubleshooting you suggest.

Thanks again.