IGNORED

2018 Transcontinental Left Saddlebag latch stuck

I just bought a 2018 Venture Transcontinental 2 days ago, with 12 miles on it from the dealer. They went through the whole mechanical/safety checklist before I bought it and everything was fine riding it home, a 3 hour trip. Today I go out to put something in the left saddlebag and it won't open, the latch button doesn't seem to do anything. I tried using the key, and locking and unlocking it several times with the key fob, no joy. it acts like it want's to open, I can pull the lid up a little and sideways away from the bike, and I shone a light in and could see the latch was still closed and the button does nothing.

Is there anything I can do with it, a trick? Or is this my first warranty item 2 days after I bought it and what would the dealer do to fix it? It seems like this sort of thing is pretty common, what sort of grease should I use on the other 2 latches to keep this from happening?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Try pushing down on bag right next to button, then push button and lift. Otherwise contact your dealer as there has been a couple of bikes where the clip for the latch has not been installed correctly and the lid cannot be opened.

Try pushing down on bag right next to button, then push button and lift. Otherwise contact your dealer as there has been a couple of bikes where the clip for the latch has not been installed correctly and the lid cannot be opened.

Yep, happened to mine too and a few others, take it do the dealer, they'll order a new lid (or complete bag) If they can only get the lid like mine, they'll cut the stuck lid off, and put the new one on. I also had them re-key the new lock to the old key so that I wouldn't have two different keys. All under warranty