IGNORED

Proud new owner of a 2005 Royal Star Midnight Venture.

This is by far the most comfortable bike I’ve ever ridden and other than the 4 carbs and cassette player, I think this thing is just about perfect.

Ive noticed the front brakes are a little squeaky so I figured I’d do a general tune up.

I’ve read a lot about throwing 2 sets of EBC HH pads on the front and possibly GG pads on the rear, thoughts?

I’m also going to do an oil and filter change. Any special oil/filter or tricks that have been found to work best for this bike?

Any advise for putting together a bike specific tool kit to carry with me at all times?

What else should I make sure to look at? The bike has just at 30k miles.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to working my way through the forum.

Edited by Srawl

This is by far the most comfortable bike I’ve ever ridden and other than the 4 carbs and cassette player, I think this thing is just about perfect.

Ive noticed the front brakes are a little squeaky so I figured I’d do a general tune up.

I’ve read a lot about throwing 2 sets of EBC HH pads on the front and possibly GG pads on the rear, thoughts?

I’m also going to do an oil and filter change. Any special oil/filter or tricks that have been found to work best for this bike?

Any advise for putting together a bike specific tool kit to carry with me at all times?

What else should I make sure to look at? The bike has just at 30k miles.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to working my way through the forum.[/https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?1067-A-list-of-known-problems-on-the-Second-Gen-Venture

Welcome to the nuthouse. Take a read through this link. Don’t let it scare you, it’s a list of things seen but not gonna happen to every bike. You’ll get some good ideas of what to look for and what to do to prevent problems. If you have a problem the answer is somewhere on this site, just ask. Good knowledge here and a lot of fun. Best $12 you can spend.

Welcome aboard! Yep, the RSV is a very comfortable bike. I suggest you go to the tech section and read about the Gen IIs. The rear brake tends to be overly sensitive so you don't want the grippiest of pads. With age the rear shock tends to develop a leak which is something to inspect. Should be capable of lots of pleasure packed miles!

Congrats! You've joined the right place for info on these bikes. Search or ask and you will find what you need. I'm on my second tour deluxe and also have a rsv. My favorite thing about these bikes it that they are designed well and run on regular gas and oil. Low dough is the way to go!

Ride safe!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk