IGNORED

needle valve spring

Doogie are talking about the spring for the metering rod that hangs out of the bottom of the slide on the carb diaphram? The one that is removable by removing the 4 screws on the exposed cover on the carb?? By the way,, :welcome1::welcome::2YELLOW::group cheers:

Yes. I noticed it when I pulled the diaphgrams from the bike and undid the screw holding the needle valve. I purchased the bike earlier this year and have been trying to start it since then. That is when I noticed the spring was missing.

Yes. I noticed it when I pulled the diaphgrams from the bike and undid the screw holding the needle valve. I purchased the bike earlier this year and have been trying to start it since then. That is when I noticed the spring was missing.

Looks like that little spring is only available with the OEM diaphram/slide purchase.. Looking around other sources shows same as parts nation.. I will do a little digging and see if I can come up with one.. Will also check for a fuel cap.. Anything else?

It's the spring for the needle valve that is in the diaphragm.

It's properly called the "jet needle". When you say needle valve people start to think of other things......

The specs on that spring probably aren't super critical. It's designed to keep the jet needle extended while permitting some flexibility so it doesn't rub in the needle jet. You might be able to make a substitute by cutting down a spring from a ball point pen.

Are you talking about A/F mixture screw spring?

I am 95% certain you can source it from Kawasaki.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/p/kawasaki/92081-1002/spring-pilot-adjust-screw

FWIW I ordered these little A/F mixture seals from kawa and they fit perfect.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/p/kawasaki/92055-1002/ring-o-pilot-adjust

Not what the OP is looking for but, The A/F mixture screw assy. is still available from Yamaha at a very reasonable price. You can't get just the spring though.

First of all, proper nomenclature is important to avoid confusion, for all parties.

There is but one "needle valve" on the Venture carbs. That would be the float valve, and it does not have a spring (or screw).

Since you say you pulled the diaphragms and "undid the screw holding the needle valve", I suspect you are looking for the coil spring under the white plastic screw on the piston assembly.

But if your "needle valve" is really the PILOT SCREW or air/fuel mixture screw, then yeah, there is supposed to be a small coil spring applying tension to the pilot screw to prevent vibration from changing its setting. But again, I am confused, because one does not have to remove the piston diaphragm to access the pilot screw.

Which spring are you missing?

Pilot Screw XVZ1200.jpgThis spring on the PILOT SCREW?

needle-set_big1UM1490J00-01_a0d7.jpgThis spring on the needle assembly?

CARBURETOR, Virago 535, exploded.jpgThis spring on the #7 needle assembly on the diagram?

If you go to a bolt supply in your area you will likely find one that will suit you.

Take one off another to bring with you and do your best to match it up by feel, height and dia..

You mentioned trying to start your bike, have you or is it still not running?

• 3 weeks later...

Good and bad news. I was able to locate a spring that fits in the needle jet diaphgram and also I found a gas cap on EBAY. I replaced the spring and installed the gas cap. Now the not so good. Bike still not running. I pulled the carbs again and cleaned all the jets. All seem to be in good shape. When I sprayed sea foam into the jet block three of the four passed the stream through the opening in the carb around the slide assembly however, one of the was seeping around the needle jet where it seats into the jet block. I checked the o ring where the needle jet seats into the jet block. Any suggestions before I put the carbs back in the bike?

OK Brother now I am following you thanks for the pm, tho I don't mind being embarrassed in the open, you could say my much older brothers pick on me all the time, for things like, having more girlfriends, better looking, taller, unique language skills..... you name it ;)

So sprayed thru 31 so the needle was out of the jet at the time, you sprayed thru and it came out around the perimeter of the jet housing!

That is called the path of least resistance;)

Remove it and have a good look at it, eve if you can post a pic of both it and the needle pls.