IGNORED

Hannigan Rear Brake Pads

Guest divey

Guest divey

Hoping to get some advice/info from other Hannigan owners here regarding rear brake pads. I've read most of the brake threads going back to 2010 or so but still have some questions.

I've got a 2008 RSV with a 2010 Hannigan kit (35th Anniversary Edition if that makes any difference). I'm not the original owner and the dealer is out of business so can't follow up there. It appears about that same time, Hannigan had to replace a number of rear brake systems due to incompatible rotors and pads. I've added pics of what I have now.

1. How do I know if I have the old (incompatible) brake components or the new ones? What was replaced, the rotors or pads or both?

2. A few old posts talk about using EBC FA266 HH pads. Are those still the recommended pads and if so, are they compatible with my system? If not, what is recommended?

3. Does the pin that is held in place with a spring loaded wire on the caliber simply push out in order to remove the pads? Some m/c video's show the pin is threaded but this one simply has a C-clip on the end. I've tried pushing it out with a reasonable amount of force but no luck.

Thanks for your help.......Doug

IMG_7905.jpgIMG_7906.jpg

Guest divey
You should be able to email Hanningan Motorsports and get some answers. They are headquartered here in town and as far as I know in operation.

Thanks. I emailed them about two weeks ago and haven’t gotten a response so thought I’d post here. Might have to just call them, assuming they’re open these days.

Guest divey
I’ll try to run by the shop Monday and see if they’re closed for the Covid stuff going on. They’re usually pretty good with customer service.

I just spoke with Brad at Hannigan Motorsports. Apparently the pad numbers should be on the back side of the old pads. I'll get them out and hopefully be able to order them locally. Turns out I have the old/original setup on mine. If you haven't already paid a visit to them, thank you for offering to do that. Doug

Just saw this thread, I have an 07 Hannigan, rear suspension parts are from a Honda Civic,brakes are brembo , I can get you that info tommorrow if you still need it.

Craig

Edited by cecdoo
correct info

Guest divey
Just saw this thread, I have an 07 Hannigan, rear brakes are from a Honda Accord, I can get you that info tommorrow if you still need it.

Craig

Thanks Craig. I’ll let you know after I speak with Hannigan again tomorrow to interpret the numbers on the back of the old pads. Can’t seem to find any reference to the numbers on the internet. Doug

I just spoke with Brad at Hannigan Motorsports. Apparently the pad numbers should be on the back side of the old pads. I'll get them out and hopefully be able to order them locally. Turns out I have the old/original setup on mine. If you haven't already paid a visit to them, thank you for offering to do that. Doug

No problem. I didn’t get by there Monday anyway. Glad you got in touch with them.

Ok, rear suspension parts are from Honda Civic CRX 84-87 models

Brakes are Brembo, Pads are EBC FA 266HH

Pre 2012 conversions used 195/60-R15 Tires

Aft 2012 conversions used 195/55-R-16 Tires

I have a file copy of manual I can email you, my email is my screen name if you want to contact me

Craig

Guest divey
Ok, rear suspension parts are from Honda Civic CRX 84-87 models

Brakes are Brembo, Pads are EBC FA 266HH

Pre 2012 conversions used 195/60-R15 Tires

Aft 2012 conversions used 195/55-R-16 Tires

I have a file copy of manual I can email you, my email is my screen name if you want to contact me

Craig

Thank you. PM sent. Doug