IGNORED

First ride of the year, first ride on a Gixxer 1k

CaseyJ955

It was amazing in the Black Hills today! The sun almost made my leathers feel too warm. We had a foot of snow a few days back (melted on the double quick with a strong showing of sun) and we're expecting another foot over the weekend, but today was bare, dry and the strong smell of the pines let me know spring is indeed here! I'm all giddy like a child now.

My Yamahas are still winterized, BUT I finally took this opportunity to ride this 09 GSXR1k I've been tripping over for a huge chunk of the winter and not yet had the pleasure of riding. I headed through Custer st Pk, Keystone, Hill city, 44, 385. I took her out on the 79 to see what she could do. It's so stupid fast, I dont know how fast it is, but it's completely redikolus! It hit an indicated 150+mph (probably closer to a real 140-ish) with a couple quick wrist flicks, I still had a bunch of throttle and some gears left. The power just keeps coming and coming, it was still pulling hard when I looked down at the speedo and backed out of it. I still dont know what it feels like approaching redline, but I'll bet Puc knows..., Dontcha bud? haha.

I know it's not Yamaha or Venture specific but this is the BEST ride I've had in a very long time. I thought this bike was going to be a handful, but it's absolutely brilliant. Very civilized and usable, not nearly as uncomfortable as I thought, and super competent. It's probably the safest bike I have ever ridden, assuming saintlike restraint.

Bucket list item checked, now who wants this absurd machine haha?

Have a great weekend everyone, be safe!