IGNORED

Where to mount a relay on 09 Venture.

I've been playing around with locations to mount a relay on my 09 Venture. I've added a GPS and pulled the wires back to the battery. The previous owner added some LED strip lights under the fuel tank and I'm going to connect them to the relay too. Not much load, and my bike doesn't have driving lights. I've thought about adding a mini fuse box just below the relay so each load has its own connection point. Can't get to a parts store for a couple weeks, so that may be added later.

Any better locations close to battery to mount the relay? Pics would be appreciated.

Thanks.20200330_210900.jpg

When I build my ignition by pass relays I have folks mount them under the tank.
p

Front/back or side of frame?. I did some test fits in the area under tank on bith sides where cables and hoses came out of the protectors behind the intake crossovers and it seemed very tight.

Thanks

Or go with one of the mini jobs like many cars use now.

I have this one so I will probably use it. The wiring harness has some funky wire colors, but I've got it laid out on paper. Wires for LED lights and GPS all terminate near the spot, so it should work good. If I add any load in the future I will add a mini(4) fuse box in the first mounting location.

Thanks for the info.😎