IGNORED

Front Tire size differences

eagleeye

I'm going to put a set on new tires on the RSTD and I'm thinking of going back to the original size for the front- 150/80-16.

I've been using the 130/90 for years. What have you found to be the difference in the two sizes? I seem to remember the 150 turning slower, but not sure I care about that anymore.

I'm also ditching the CT and putting a stock on the rear. I'll be going with Shinko WWW 777's

I went with the 130 on front one time on my RSV, it definetly made the front seem lighter and was easier on low speed turns. I did not like how it made the bike feel at highway speeds, too lite and "squirrly" bike didnt want to track a straight line. It felt like it needed to be more solid and planted. Figured I spent alot more time on the highway then I did in a parking lot so I went back to 150, happily ever after...The End

Good luck on whatever you choose, Craig

@eagleeye, I agree with what Craig said about the handling on the highway with the smaller size. Have you changed the rake of your bike by raising the rear or lowering the front? Raising the rear about an inch with the shorter leveling links made a difference in the low speed handling of my last two bikes without sacrificing highway stability.

vzuden,

I put lowering links on years ago also run with no air in the shock. I did jump it up to 50psi when I traveled with this bike though. The BFG CT also made it a bit lower, so putting a MC tire back on will raise it a bit.

I like it LOW! :beer: