IGNORED

Custom Maps For Zumo 660?

uechi kid

What are you using for custom maps these days. For the longest time I was using the Harley Ride Planner, but the last couple of time I used it, when I transferred the maps to my GPS, they were way off. They use to use a Google based map, now they use something called HERE.

I was kind of like forced to use BaseCamp this winter for planning a snow route. I was using MapSource, both from Garmin and work well with the Zumo. I had tried BaseCamp before and wasn't at all happy with it, but now that I'm used to it,, it'll be my goto.

I was kind of like forced to use BaseCamp this winter for planning a snow route. I was using MapSource, both from Garmin and work well with the Zumo. I had tried BaseCamp before and wasn't at all happy with it, but now that I'm used to it,, it'll be my goto.

I still keep MapSource installed on my computer for some of my older data point files & routes, it was my go to for the longest time. Garmin has basically forced us to use BaseCamp now, I'm still not 100% comfortable with it but getting better.

I still keep MapSource installed on my computer for some of my older data point files & routes, it was my go to for the longest time. Garmin has basically forced us to use BaseCamp now, I'm still not 100% comfortable with it but getting better.

I found that I had to scrap everything learned related to MS, and then carry on with BC, not that easy to do, but I was under the gun to get things in order. I was trying to organize routes around our city, 85,000, into 7 zones with over 1200 stop locations. It was more than MS could handle and even BC wasn't robust enough. Eventually had to go to an on-line routing program designed for delivery.

I tried Base Camp and Map Source. I didnt have much luck using either one. Found a program TYRE, but they have went a different direction now last time I looked.

I used TYRE for a while to do some Google routing then take it out to MapSource. The interface was originally built around TomTom but it would function with Garmin. But the interface got worse over the years and its no longer as nice. BaseCamp has a better custom routing generator than MapSource and I've (slowly) taken to it.

• 2 weeks later...