IGNORED

Best Recommended Motorcycle Air Pump and Plug Kit

N3FOL

During this National Emergency and CDC’s health guidelines, I’ll be spending more time indoors - so I might as well do some online shopping.

As far as bike air pump and plug kit is concerned that I can carry with me, what most of you recommend that is proven to be the most reliable for years to come...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about something smaller that would work for a long trip? a Cigarette connector/battery connector or with a battery.

I have a "Stop & Go" tire plugging kit with CO2 cartridges for tire inflation. To be honest, I regard it as a magical talisman to prevent flats! As long as I am prepared, nothing will happen.

zag

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/stop-go-tubeless-tire-plugger-with-co2

Edited by zagger

What about something smaller that would work for a long trip? a Cigarette connector/battery connector or with a battery.

Evidently, the guy did a test of plug in types before and he compared the winner of that comparison to the battery operated compressors in the attached video. The winner was the Harbor Freight compressor. I couldn't find the plug in comparison when I searched his site.

I have a "Stop & Go" tire plugging kit with CO2 cartridges for tire inflation. To be honest, I regard it as a magical talisman to prevent flats! As long as I am prepared, nothing will happen.

zag

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/stop-go-tubeless-tire-plugger-with-co2

I am a strong believer of superstitious beliefs. [emoji18]

I use this one I got from Amazon - works great and easily fits in saddlebag.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118484

brand = VIAIR model = 85P - plugs into cigarette lighter and can be used with any type of 12v adapter.

That looks very nice and it comes with its own small bag for storage.

Guest divey
I use this one I got from Amazon - works great and easily fits in saddlebag.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118484

brand = VIAIR model = 85P - plugs into cigarette lighter and can be used with any type of 12v adapter.

I have a similar Viair as this only with the alligator clips to attach to the battery instead of the 12V plugin. I bought it for pumping up the tires on my fifth wheel. It is an awesome little rig and can top up my tires in less than a minute. Doesn’t get hot and packs nicely into its own case. Do a Google search. I don’t remember the actual model number but Viair is the brand most recommended for rv’ers. Doug

Funny story. I had been using the slime brand pump and I got Metz 888 rear tire. It called for 50psi. I plugged my trusty slime pump into the valve and it immediately started making disintegration noises. I had kept the warranty card and noticed I was still in warranty. I called slime customer service and they told me their standard unit will not handle 50psi. So they sent me the upgraded unit for free. I just looked online and I don’t see my unit being sold anymore.

VentureFar...

What you want is something that wont take up a lot of space in your saddlebags yet inflates tires quickly.

Here is my recommendation.

At any rate, I am settled with the Dewalt pump Max20V Lithium Ion. I like its performance on the review and I have several battery 20V Max 6 amp packs on hand already. Thanks all for your input. [emoji54]

I always carried a cheapy little 5 dollar 12v pump from Harbor Freight and a plug kit from the Dollar Store on my travels.. I even used them both a couple times on my own scoots and was able to assist others numerous times with them too (come to think about it - I think @videoarizona ended up with one of my tire plugs in his RSV).. I liked the Harbor Freight pump because they work awesome and are cheap enough that if someone I am helping needs one in an emergency I can just give it to em... Or if a car runs over it in a parking lot its just a matter of grabbing a new one for a few bucks..

The goodies arrived 2 days ago and unboxed them this morning. Tested the pump and it worked flawless. So far I am very happy with my decision. The pump is light and can be easily placed in the trunk or side bags.

376d37a1e30971dbdab69020536f9b1c.jpg

The goodies arrived 2 days ago and unboxed them this morning. Tested the pump and it worked flawless. So far I am very happy with my decision. The pump is light and can be easily placed in the trunk or side bags.

Whats all the other stuff? Did it come with the pump or did you order that stuff separately?