IGNORED

What's really going on here?

uncledj

I've been trying to avoid hearing anymore about the Coronavirus, with little luck. Now people are hoarding TP? Shutting down businesses, and schools....restricting travel when it's already everywhere...???

There's more going on here then we're being told.

Why are folks freaking out over this when the flu as it's been has claimed tens of thousands of life every year, and yet no-one freaks out over that.

This whole thing doesn't pass the smell test.:confused24:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My understanding is it is more contagious and has a higher mortality rate than the typical flu. So I guess it should be a bit more concerning, particularly to people who are older or in poor health.

I think a big part of it is there is nothing else for the press to really chew on and it is the political season. Remember, The President pointed out that there wasn't any reason to panic and compared it to the bad strains of flu that come around occasionally. He was roundly criticized for not doing enough.

Then they closed Italy, so the Italians are doing something. If a leader doesn't close schools, stop public events and restrict travel guess who's going to take the heat for not doing enough if someone gets sick? Safer to follow the herd and put the clamps on.

Now, it would be courteous for someone who is sick to stay home for awhile to avoid spreading it in the community. That's why the health agencies have recommended keeping some supplies on hand. Unfortunately it appears that some are preparing to lock themselves in their hide outs for an extended period. Last night someone I know posted pictures of empty shelves in their local Wal-Mart. It wasn't just TP. Meat, eggs, packaged foods (I couldn't read the tags to know just what) and milk were cleaned out. Seriously, how long can someone hoard milk?

I am concerned about TP scarcity. This happened right as we needed to buy more and we're having trouble finding any. Since there hasn't been a Sears catalog in decades this has the potential to be a problem in our household. Fortunately I do have access to a good supply of corn cobs.

HEB is the largest Grocery Store in Texas. There is one at the entrance to our neighborhood that is easily the largest Grocery store I had ever seen. I rode by this morning and see more activity than normal so I check when I get to work. Lines were already forming and beginning to wrap around the building and most that were interviewed were there to stock up on meat, eggs and bread. Glad I split a heifer with a friend a while back. People have lost their ever-lovin' collective minds.

My understanding is it is more contagious and has a higher mortality rate than the typical flu. So I guess it should be a bit more concerning, particularly to people who are older or in poor health.

I think a big part of it is there is nothing else for the press to really chew on and it is the political season. Remember, The President pointed out that there wasn't any reason to panic and compared it to the bad strains of flu that come around occasionally. He was roundly criticized for not doing enough.

Then they closed Italy, so the Italians are doing something. If a leader doesn't close schools, stop public events and restrict travel guess who's going to take the heat for not doing enough if someone gets sick? Safer to follow the herd and put the clamps on.

Now, it would be courteous for someone who is sick to stay home for awhile to avoid spreading it in the community. That's why the health agencies have recommended keeping some supplies on hand. Unfortunately it appears that some are preparing to lock themselves in their hide outs for an extended period. Last night someone I know posted pictures of empty shelves in their local Wal-Mart. It wasn't just TP. Meat, eggs, packaged foods (I couldn't read the tags to know just what) and milk were cleaned out. Seriously, how long can someone hoard milk?

I am concerned about TP scarcity. This happened right as we needed to buy more and we're having trouble finding any. Since there hasn't been a Sears catalog in decades this has the potential to be a problem in our household. Fortunately I do have access to a good supply of corn cobs.

You could always use a copy of Better Homes and Garden. :Avatars_Gee_George: :Laugh:

In my much younger days I worked in a supermarket when Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage on his tv show. The next day our shelves were cleaned out of tp. We still had cases of it in the back room.

the power of mass media.

The answers are now out there.

As mature men we must not gloss over the facts, we may not like them, agree with them and they may evolve/change as the world gears up to fight back but, ignoring them further will only increase anxiety.

I have found that much of what we face these days has in fact been already written as a guide thru history.

Woodrow Wilson for example 1918 with the Spanish flue; now the Chinese government just in 2019 “crush the messenger”.

The problems now are that we have too little experience with this strain and this is only round one.

We have no natural immune defense, we will not all have the same severity in symptoms, a vaccine is not just around the next corner; we cannot hide from it, it does not discriminate amongst us.

It is time to be one people and, pull together. It is time for leadership to shine or step aside and appoint leaders of science that care not about political striping, period.

Canadians go hand in hand with our American cousins. Our wellbeing is a reflection of yours tho, our population is only 10% of you all. Our founding people come from the same parts of the world so, I personally am and will remain confident that we will support one another and pull thru, history says so.

A funny: I learned of our first family infection thru the 11 th Hour last night; which is really a shame because, Canada was once the best at delivering and educating thru our nightly news!

Finally, I for one, received the news that I had been searching for yesterday, via the Peoples House! So, the CDC when pressed by an amazing Congress Lady demanded that the CDC follow the law and cover all Americans for testing without exception. That is what was driving me nuts about the lack of response and leadership. Here in Canada it is a given, it is not free because we pay thru our taxes for Health Care, but it is universal.The lack of testing will be overcome because we need to know the true size of the problem.

I’d like to stress one more thing, and please let’s not tip Dad’s teacup over it: Facts are found throughout the spectrum of communications, limiting our feeds will only keep us apart. The divide we tend to see is not logical, tho it is passionate, some may view it as a wall, how then can a wall extend a helping or thought based respect for a difference in opinion (s)..

My opinion on the subject

Edited by Patch

Just got back from a very large grocery store. It was a mob scene with very long lines and signs on the outside doors listing their restrictions on purchases of toilet paper and bottled water. Of course, the one thing I went there to buy, they didn't have.

zag

People are going absolutely crazy here too. We stop by a grocery once each shift to get food to cook at the station, today it was packed with people looking at empty shelves. Canned veggies were nearly gone, meat cases hammered, paper aisle was empty, dried beans and pasta gone. I’m not a prepper but am a hunter, daughter and I filled the freezer with deer, caught bacon on sale and bought 50#, and a couple country hams. I buy veggies by the case simply because I don’t like shopping often. The intake is taken care of for a while, not sure about the output if we don’t get TP in the next week or two.

I still don’t get the bottled water, most of our population is on municipal water systems. I have a great well. Is this stuff gonna dry up our water too?

I didn’t bother going to the grocery store Thursday and Friday knowing the situation. We have enough supply for a week or so, but I am hoping the buying frenzy will slow down within the next few days. Planning to hit Walmart early tomorrow. [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, who needs free healthcare or free tuition if you can't buy "Toilet Paper". Also, where is all them test kits if we need to be tested for the coronavirus.:confused24:

That's another of the many things I don't understand. What good are the test kits anyway?

From what I've seen, this is akin to a mild case of the flu, so whatcha gonna do different anyway....:think:

That's another of the many things I don't understand. What good are the test kits anyway?

From what I've seen, this is akin to a mild case of the flu, so whatcha gonna do different anyway....:think:

You mean somethin like : "invasion taking place around the world and the futile efforts of the U.S. military to stop it." October 30, 1938?

Or perhaps Stalone still trying to find an explanation on the 3 sea shells started in 1993?

Or perhaps a Communist trying to teach a Capitalist that 2 ply is a waist of 1 ply?

Ya for most it will be a minor event but for some, like those waiting for a heart, liver, lung, cancer surgery, well they'll have to wait or maybe we could try to recreate a Mash type clinic with shop compressors and booster cables maybe a couple of relays to replace fancy life support units.....;)

We'll see soon enough

I’m trying to start the rumor that the election will be canceled due to the virus. If I can get the media to pick it up the virus will be yesterday’s news and we can go back to normal. :witch_brew::witch_brew:

I love the 3 sea shell connection there Patch.

I’m trying to start the rumor that the election will be canceled due to the virus. If I can get the media to pick it up the virus will be yesterday’s news and we can go back to normal. :witch_brew::witch_brew:

I love the 3 sea shell connection there Patch.

OH brother talk about bring down the House (s) lol

West Virginia still hasn't got a confirmed case yet but its coming. Toilet paper and hand sanitizers are scares and people are crazy. In the meantime, I recommend buying lots of ammo. In the end we'll see who wins...

I got to link across 3 of his videos, his points on how many actual cases are suspected is what was mentioned else where, for every 1 case there is likely 3 but of course in densities like nursing homes that average does not apply. Also the concern is as he made clear the strain posed on Health Care systems. Next is the testing kits, this will remain a stain in recorded history report card "what took us so long to acknowledge and react to.."

I heard a famous doctor out of N.Y. who also has been working on H.I.V. was the first to figure out it transmission has a chemical library that might hold the answer to treatment; a doctor Whoo or Woo? Last night The Rachel Maddow Show, last segment...

Good post Bob;)

West Virginia still hasn't got a confirmed case yet but its coming. Toilet paper and hand sanitizers are scares and people are crazy. In the meantime, I recommend buying lots of ammo. In the end we'll see who wins...

I don’t consider the amounts I have on hand hoarding but I have enough food, supplies, and even TP to see us through. I always have enough ammo to make sure we have everything we need. I believe this is going away soon as the media has something new to use to blast .............stopping there before I get political.

Just about all the guys around here have a Pout House or a Man Cave half full of Ammo from the last election. Obama sold more guns than any President we've ever had.:beer:

LOL. Skid a friend of mine has about 2 hundred cases of hand sanitizer. He bought it at an auction and uses it to start his Pellet stove. Maybe he should have got a load of TP as well.