IGNORED

Freebird's Maintance Day 2020

Freebird's Maintenance Day returns this year on the weekend of June 6th, 2020. This is an event that Eileen and I always enjoy hosting and we hope to see many of our old friends and meet some new ones this year.

The official date is Saturday June 6th but it is not unusual for folks to start showing up on Thursday afternoon and some don't leave until Sunday. That is all well and good with us. As usual, there will be a catered lunch on Saturday. There is no fixed cost associated with the lunch but there will be a donation can so that you can help with the cost if you are inclined to do so.

For those who have never been to Maintenance Day, we have a great time helping one another with minor work on the bikes. If you need to do something to yours but are not 100% comfortable with it, there are always plenty of experienced members around to lend a hand. This can be anything from carb syncs, oil changes, adding accessories, etc. You are responsible for bringing the supplies (oil, brake fluid, etc.) needed for your project. If you don't want to transport those things all the way here, there is a Walmart, Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, and etc. within 2 to 4 miles.

Please understand that there are some projects that are simply too big to get done on a Saturday. Keep your expectations realistic. Large projects such as valve adjustments and etc. are just a bit much to get done. Please be willing to get your hands dirty. Members love to help each other but not do it all for you.

Traditionally, we make a dinner run on Friday evening to the Quaker Steak and Lube in Vermillion. I will be contacting them to let them know that we are coming and will need to let them know how many to expect so that they can be ready for us. It's a nice ride of about 20 - 30 minutes there and if weather is good, they have a nice outside patio area.

I will start putting up some hotel information and etc. over the next day or two. Usually those who have been here before will join in and post where they will be staying.

If you prefer to camp, we have plenty of room at our place for you to pitch your tents. There is also a fire pit beside the pond and another in the back yard and there will be plenty of wood for any of you who wish to sit around a fire in the evenings.

There will be plenty of water and soft drinks iced down. If you want beer or other adult beverages, you need to bring the refreshments of your choice.

There will be a gas grill beside the Gazebo beside the pond and also a gas/charcoal grill on the rear deck of the house that you are welcome to use.

There is a hot tub on the rear deck that you are welcome to use. It will be clean, sanitized, ready for you to enjoy. Clothing optional for "WOMEN" only. :)

There will be a porta-potty for the men's use. Our ladies are welcome to use the restroom in the house.

There will always be hot coffee available.

We usually sell some tickets for door prizes and also a 50/50 drawing.

I'm sure I'll think of other things but that's the gist of it. Hope as many of you as possible can attend. Please RSVP on the calendar just as soon as you can so that we will know how much food and etc. to order. Here is a direct link to the event on the calendar.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=524&day=2020-6-6&c=1

I did some quick research and discovered that I would vote once again for the Red Roof. Why?

The prices between the Quality and RR are just about the same, both beds have blankets, both rooms have showers and towels, they both are very willing to take your money,,, but the last times we were at the RR they allowed us to have a gathering place in their room beside the pool, the Quality don't have that.

We stayed at the Quality some years ago and had excellent service, buddy even came out with old towels to wipe our bikes in the morning, but then the following year it changed hands and things went for a poop, so we moved on to RR.

Just a bit of why some of us are at the RR.

Please post where you would like to stay and I will see what kind of monetary deal I can get. I will give it a couple of weeks before I do, so I have an idea of numbers.